almost stalling?

jeff240

:
2002, mazda, protege
ok guys i have a P5 and while doing normal acceleration from 1st gear when i reach about 3000rpms or when im about to let off the clutch....it will almost stall out. also when i give it more gas itll studder really bad. it almost feels like the gas flow is going on and off really fast. bear with me i really dont know how else to explain this....lol

any help?

whens the last time you changed your spark plugs, wires and coils? i just had a whole ordeal with all them

question: are you only fully letting off the clutch at 3k rpms? if so, that is way to late. if you have been doing that for a while, it seems as though your clutch maybe worn out.

does it feel like it is just free revving in neutral? that is a sign that the clutch is gone.

no the clutch is fine.....i have to sort of feather the clutch while in first all the way until about 3000rpm-3500rpm bc otherwise my car starts to stall. it feels like its getting fuel starvation but my car is completely stock.

in regards to spark plugs, coils, and wires i have yet to change them but it doesnt make much sense to me that this would be the issue because im only experiencing problems while driving in 1st gear. i have no problems at idle or anything

Latest posts

Back