All Weather Mats...Which?

I haven't received my Huskyliners yet but in retrospect $160 for mats is very steep. If it wasn't in transmit I might have canceled the order and opt for a more cost efficient protection.

Just received the weathertechs, front/back/cargo $260 (Amazon combo). I like the texture, the fitment is great for the front and back. I wasn't sure about the cargo tray at first, because it doesn't fit into the little side cubby holes. But I think that it will make it easier to pull out and replace after dumping the dirt I am expecting to build up back there come baseball season.

My dealer threw in the OEM mats (and a cargo cover) when I bought the car about a week ago. The mats seem fine to me, and the price was right. Also just ordered the OEM cargo tray on eBay for $75 shipped.

Called AutoAnything.com a minute ago and asked for 10% off on the Husky Liner set and he was happy to apply the discount. So $143 shipped to my door. Sales rep I spoke with was very helpful (John Eldridge). Highly recommended!

New to the board, figured I would chime in as I picked up my cx5 yesterday and have been looking for floormats.

I noticed the OEM weather mats are avail at mazdagear for $70 and change... http://mazdagear.com/floormats-all-weather---cx-5.aspx

I'm thinking about getting the OEM cargo tray, do any y'all have the tray?

Got the tray when I purchased the floor mats.

Same material and style as the floor mats. Very happy with it.

huskyliners are a real good fit. But in retrospect I wouldn't think any mats I get in the future will be as expensive. It was a splurge purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_20130302_083459.jpg
    IMG_20130302_083459.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
I didn't like to lift the mat to access the lever so I made a cut using utility knife. My result was an ugly hole in the mat. For those of you who are going to do this - try to make a clean cut. You don't have to cut the whole outline. Just forward enough to get your finger underneath to lift the lever.

New to the board, figured I would chime in as I picked up my cx5 yesterday and have been looking for floormats.

I noticed the OEM weather mats are avail at mazdagear for $70 and change... http://mazdagear.com/floormats-all-weather---cx-5.aspx

I'm thinking about getting the OEM cargo tray, do any y'all have the tray?

I have the OEM weather mats and the OEM cargo tray. I really like the cargo tray because it is molded to fit the two deep recesses on either side of the cargo floor. Because I am always putting multiple sets of skis, boots and poles inside after a day of skiing, the tray captures quite a bit of snow melt. And those two deep recesses suck it up like a sump and hold it until it either evaporates or I sponge it out. The front OEM weather mats also hold quite a bit of water but they don't have any deep pockets so, if there is a lot of snow melt, the water can overflow over the mat edges when I drive up a steep driveway. I guess I need to put a sponge on the rear corners of the mats to suck up the water until I can stop and squeeze it out. If the mats had more of a waffle pattern they could hold a lot more water without over flowing on steep hills but then they would be much more difficult to sponge out.

I am thinking about taking a 3/4" hole saw, drill two holes close together and clean up the intersecting holes with a utility knife to create a slot. Should look clean and be pretty fast too.

OO

I had Husky liners from autoanything.com for all of my previous vehicles (and I sold them all after I didn't have a vehicle anymore!) - but this time the dealer 'threw in' the all-weather mats so I went with those. I purchased the cargo rubber mat separately and I am very happy with it - like someone said, the perfect mold to the side pockets is great.
I am not crazy about the rubber mats for the driver side and back seat: driver side doesn't cover the whole area that well, and a middle part of the rear seat (the elevated part) is totally exposed. What I did was take a piece of a clear floor runner, cut it to size, and tuck it in under both sides of the passenger rubber mats. Not pretty but functional.

Back