ALL 2010 Mazda3 Stuff Goes Here

Question is would you regret getting the mazda3 over the speed3?

But bottom line it comes down to what you can afford.

remember kids, grilles can NEVER be replaced. EVER. not even with aftermarket parts. just like bumpers.

I think it looks cool, but I'm old and grew up thinking Mustang 5.0's looked cool so wtf. I like the scoop on the hood of the new WRX too, only because it's functional, can only help the TMIC work better, and it doesn't stick up in the air like a mailbox like the old WRX. The new WRX looks awfully similar though.

2010 speed3

I'm sure i'm being redundant...but I don't have the time right now to search through here....but in case you didn't know the 2010 MazdaSpeed3 will be hitting dealers in June.

We are pleased to announce that the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 will be built in May and June and will begin arriving
in dealership showrooms in the month June. The vehicle will be based on the S Sport model with manual
transmission to maximize sales of this Wild Child of the Mazda3 family. It offers an available Tech Package
which contains a 242-Watt BOSE Centerpoint 10-Speaker Surround Sound system, In-dash 6-disc CD changer
-MP3 Compatible, Sirius Satellite Radio with 6 month subscription, Full color NAVI with Compact Navigation,
Perimeter Alarm, Advanced Keyless System and Push Button Start. This exciting new car will be available in
Black Mica, Velocity Red Mica, Celestial Blue Mica and Liquid Silver Metallic.

I'm sure i'm being redundant...but I don't have the time right now to search through here....but in case you didn't know the 2010 MazdaSpeed3 will be hitting dealers in June.

We are pleased to announce that the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 will be built in May and June and will begin arriving
in dealership showrooms in the month June. The vehicle will be based on the S Sport model with manual
transmission to maximize sales of this Wild Child of the Mazda3 family. It offers an available Tech Package
which contains a 242-Watt BOSE Centerpoint 10-Speaker Surround Sound system, In-dash 6-disc CD changer
-MP3 Compatible, Sirius Satellite Radio with 6 month subscription, Full color NAVI with Compact Navigation,
Perimeter Alarm, Advanced Keyless System and Push Button Start. This exciting new car will be available in
Black Mica, Velocity Red Mica, Celestial Blue Mica and Liquid Silver Metallic.

So nav is now standard equipment? That's some bulls*** right there (not the you're lying kind, the messed up jealousy kind)

No... it said it offers an available 'tech package' that includes nav.

There are some factory navs you want to have... Honda/Acura & Lexus come to mind. Others (sorry but Mazda's non-touch screen setup is the absolute worst) you probably want to avoid. I think we're a long ways away from them being standard equipment. In light of what I just said... that's definitely a good thing.

The CX-7s Nav is touchscreen so its not a far cry for it to be included in the new speed instead of the button controls.

Official MS3 Picture

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone else has posted this yet but my local dealer just emailed it through to me. Apparently they are going to be here in my country in May & they are trying to get me to upgrade my current MS3. I do like the look of the new bonnet but not sure about the grill & front guards. I wonder if the new bonnet would fit on the current MS3....

The only other information he gave me is that it will be 2.5L Turbo putting out 215kw which I had already else where.

Attachments

• New_Mazda3_MPS_Geneva.jpg
    New_Mazda3_MPS_Geneva.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 138
Edmunds Inside line said power would remain the same, so if it is indeed a bigger engine, I guess it will still have the same output?

Engine isn't going to change from the 2.3 DISI, but it should get improved mileage.

"Carrying forward the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine, Mazda3 MPS builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model."

"The world premiere of the Mazda3 with i-stop, Mazdas advanced fuel-saving start-stop system, will be shared with the all-new Mazda3 MPS, Mazda3s high performance flagship model."

http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2009/200902/090203a.html

i-stop at every red light? I wonder if that accounts for the 30 second + cool down the manual suggests. Or maybe the turbo turds will just flow right out of the exhaust pipe(s).

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone else has posted this yet but my local dealer just emailed it through to me. Apparently they are going to be here in my country in May & they are trying to get me to upgrade my current MS3. I do like the look of the new bonnet but not sure about the grill & front guards. I wonder if the new bonnet would fit on the current MS3....

The only other information he gave me is that it will be 2.5L Turbo putting out 215kw which I had already else where.

Already confirmed 2.3L carry over on Mazda USA website.

New Engines for NON-Speeds!

( http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayUpcomingMazda3_4Door.action )

MORE POWERFUL AND BETTER FUEL ECONOMY
Not to be outdone, the new available 2.5L engine on the s trim is now more powerful and smoother than its 2.3L predecessor. The 2.5L engine delivers an impressive 167 horsepower, 168 lb-ft of torque** and a new 6-speed manual transmission or available 5-speed Sport automatic transmission with manual-shift mode.

The i-trim is more fuel efficient earning up to 33 mpg highway, but is nonetheless powerful. Its robust 2.0L engine delivers 148 horsepower, 135 lb-ft of torque** and a choice of either a newly-available
5-speed Sport automatic transmission with manual-shift mode or 5-speed manual transmission.

( http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayUpcomingMazda3_5Door.action)
EXHILARATING DRIVING EXPERIENCE
During their incredible redesign of the MAZDA3 5-Door, the engineers paid special attention to what's under the hood. The newly developed 2.5L engine exceeds its predecessor in power, with an impressive 167 horsepower and 168 lb-ft of torque. Both the new 6-speed manual transmission and available 5-speed Sport automatic transmission with manual-shift mode deliver a smooth, exhilarating experience that'll have you taking the long way home.

Remarkably, even with all this muscle under the hood, the MAZDA3 5-Door still gets an impressive 29 mpg highway, cutting back the time and money you spend at the pump. In addition to fuel efficiency, the MAZDA3 5-Door has an environmentally-conscious Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) emission system, available in select states.

( http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayUpcomingMazdaspeed3.action )
Already one of the worlds fastest front-wheel-drive cars, the 2010 MAZDASPEED3 blends five-door functionality with bolder, decidedly more aggressive styling and exhilarating performance to meet the needs of enthusiasts with active lifestyles. Carrying forward the MZR 2.3L direct injection turbo engine, the new MAZDASPEED3 builds on the popularity and recognition of the previous model by staying true to its Zoom-Zoom spirit and adding a fresh new look. Nagare-inspired design cues wrap the exterior and continue into the cabin, which features colors and materials inspired by sports fashion.

*** Just to clear that up.

It just won't be a speed3 if it doesn't have bad motor mounts, a smoking turbo, loads of knock, an insufficient fuel pump, and cowl/glovebox/seatbelt rattle!

Just kidding. I freaking love my car!

Back