alignment

nalspeed

Contributor
:
mazda protege 5 silver
question about alignment i'm about to get my car lowered I heard it's a good idea to get an alignment any good place to get an alignment? ex. sears? any kind of franchise place any help would do?

lots of tire places do *balances* (a lot around here only do balances) and a nicer shop does alignments (muffler/tune up shop/etc)

go to firestone...purchase there lifetime alignment....its like $160...i think for the P5......and u have life time alignment for the rest of the time u own the car....

its good deal...seeing that ull pay like 69-75 just 4 one time

sears has 6 mo or 6k mile warranty, fyi. some places cant do alignments on lowered cars because of the type of lifts they use. call around and see.

I would avoid Sears. nationwide, they have been investigated for problems. Of course, they screwed up my brakes on my truckm leaving me with only one wheel actually working. Took it to a real mechanic to get it resolved.

Go somewhere people recommend locally.

alright i'll probably try firestone then and that lifetime warranty sounds good thanks all

nalspeed said:
alright i'll probably try firestone then and that lifetime warranty sounds good thanks all

thats what i am going to do next time.......

i've read a lot of reviews on people getting their alignments done at firestone and they had nothing but bad things to say about their service .. i personally recommend asking around and going to places that local people recommend. it'd be good to get it soon after the drop because i didnt after i initally dropped my car, and wore out a fairly new set of kumho's in only about a year.

digitalricepape said:
i've read a lot of reviews on people getting their alignments done at firestone and they had nothing but bad things to say about their service .. i personally recommend asking around and going to places that local people recommend. it'd be good to get it soon after the drop because i didnt after i initally dropped my car, and wore out a fairly new set of kumho's in only about a year.

I recommend letting things settle in for around a week after dropping it before getting it aligned. That's what I have always done

Attachments

• MVC-005F.jpg
    MVC-005F.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 109
Anything over 100 is too much-they really can't/won't adjust anything but toe. Which is all you need anyway. I paid 50-60 at a Ford dealer.

Mike R said:
Anything over 100 is too much-they really can't/won't adjust anything but toe. Which is all you need anyway. I paid 50-60 at a Ford dealer.
I agree, unless you're getting a really good warranty. I like to get them done at places where they give you a print-off of the before/after specs so you can actually see what was done.

So the rear camber cannot be adjusted? That seems very unlikely.

I need to get an alignment on my car, and just like has been said, go to a local place that you trust, and have them print you out a spec sheet afterwards.

It might also be a good idea to find out what the stock alignment specs are, and have them match it, unless you want something else.

Why is that so unlikely? A lot of cars don't have any rear adjustments at all. And besides, the alignment of the rear wheels doesn't usually get thrown out of spec...but if it does, it usually doesn't hardly effect anything. Stock alignment specs are available in the service manual, but getting a place to align it to any specs other than that will probably cost you twice as much (if they will even do it at all).

vr4-352 said:
So the rear camber cannot be adjusted? That seems very unlikely.

I need to get an alignment on my car, and just like has been said, go to a local place that you trust, and have them print you out a spec sheet afterwards.

It might also be a good idea to find out what the stock alignment specs are, and have them match it, unless you want something else.

Back