alignment problem

redsand71

new question here....
I had a problem with an after market front passenger tire.....replaced with a full size spare, the shop ordered the tire ..a week later after mounting the new tire ,my alignment is off..seems way off..
the rest of tires have less than 10k on them...I rotated them also..doyou think having a brand new tire vs a slightly older tire would make it off... the other full size spare was fine..
does replacing one tire F up the alignment??

ps ..tire had defect...

thx!!

redsand71 said:
new question here....
I had a problem with an after market front passenger tire.....replaced with a full size spare, the shop ordered the tire ..a week later after mounting the new tire ,my alignment is off..seems way off..
the rest of tires have less than 10k on them...I rotated them also..doyou think having a brand new tire vs a slightly older tire would make it off... the other full size spare was fine..
does replacing one tire F up the alignment??

ps ..tire had defect...

thx!!

How long did you drive with the spare tire and was that tire balanced? Replacing one tire would not make too much of a difference with alignment if your other tires are good. Did the defective tire cause any vibration or shimmy and how long was it in use? The alignment could have been thrown off by the aftermarket tire especially if it was unbalanced.

Good luck.

I would not put a new tire and a used tire tire together on the front.

I would move the new to the back and put 2 with similar mileage on the front.

Is the new tire the same make and model as the rest?

What exactly the issue you are seeing?

just bought 1? your giong to have a pulling problem no matter what now. even if the new tire you bought is the exact same brand,size, and series it's not going to matter cause it's still going to have more tread making it bigger than the others. my suggestion is to go get another tire. but if you have no choice, putting them in the back is your best bet

a223818 said:
I would not put a new tire and a used tire tire together on the front.

I would move the new to the back and put 2 with similar mileage on the front.

Is the new tire the same make and model as the rest?

What exactly the issue you are seeing?

yes..same tire...size etc..
looks like new and old don't mix..as soon as I put that new tire on and rotated the back ,thinking the back had identical meat on it.. it started to pull....thinking the back gets little to no wear...guess not..

six_dolla_bill said:
just bought 1? your giong to have a pulling problem no matter what now. even if the new tire you bought is the exact same brand,size, and series it's not going to matter cause it's still going to have more tread making it bigger than the others. my suggestion is to go get another tire. but if you have no choice, putting them in the back is your best bet

thx..I'll try it and report back!

redsand71 said:
thx..I'll try it and report back!
had car aligned and it was off just slightly...
tech said more likely the engine mounts are going, or slight possiblity the new tire is making it pull...with wear on that new front tire, I see improvement???
weird..

Back