Aliexpress Wireless Carplay Adapter Review

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature
I bought this adapter from Aliexpress. I had my doubts at first since its only $80 CDN shipped.

Its super tiny and works very well. I was surprised. It doesn't lag at all and for some odd reason, it made my Carplay more stable. The cable method takes awhile to load sometimes and other times it fails.

Just thought someone might want to try a cheaper option that works. You’ll have to delete your bluetooth profiles on the mazda and also on your phone before you plug this in. Once you do that, plug in the adapter, click yes on the infotainment screen and then connect your phone to the wireless adapter.

I had the 2.0 version of this and it was horrible in my CX9. The 2.0 version works pretty well in my 2018 Camry though. I wonder if the 3.0 is enough of an upgrade from the 2.0 to have fixed the issues I was having

I had the 2.0 version of this and it was horrible in my CX9. The 2.0 version works pretty well in my 2018 Camry though. I wonder if the 3.0 is enough of an upgrade from the 2.0 to have fixed the issues I was having
Im not familiar with the older ones, but this one seems to work like a charm. I was testing it for quite some time today. Its worked every time the car starts and its actually faster than using the cable. Audio and visuals are exactly the same. I did notice a very small delay when switching songs, but most wont even notice. No delays with switching apps or cycling through buttons. I think they nailed it this time on the software. Hope this doesnt break down. You never know with Chinesium stuff

Don’t have the one OP shared, but did move the one from my RDX to CX9 that I picked up on Amazon (I think they’re all pretty much the same). There’s this weird thing where some times the background for CP is overlayed by the Mazda UI - but that usually clears up after a few minutes. That said, there is a delay - and I expect all the after market ones will because of its bluetooth connection. It’s extremely slight though, and only noticeable when switching tracks on Spotify. A compromise I think is well worth keeping my phone in my pocket and/or being able to use the wireless charging while using CP.

Back