Air not blowing Cold?

protege_tech

:
01' Mazda Protege
good morning guys and gals.. before i get bashed.. i am not sure if this was already brought up on this forum..

anyhow, i am traveling next week using my girls 01 protege ES. car runs smooth.. but the AC recently lost its COLD powers. the air blows perfectly fine. STRONG if anything. but not cold..

anything i can do fast and cheap to get this cold air flowing? before driving 6+ hours... :/

Thanks!

Is the light still on when the "AC" button is pressed in? A common problem with proteges is the AC won't turn on or it'll work intermittently when the fan speed isn't turned on "1"... which isn't very helpful since when the fan is set to 1 the fan makes more noise than it does blow air.
Can you compare those two things? Fan noise and air flow? Yea sure...
On other fan speeds, you might notice the light go on for a bit and then start to flicker, along with the actual AC turning on and off with the light- happens to me all the time, there's a way to fix it that involves some minor electrical work but i haven't tried it. It's somewhere here in the protege forms though, assuming the common electrical glitch is your problem.
I'm not sure what your car's problem is, but the flickering AC light problem is something to look into eh?

the air works perfectly fine.. but when the car is no longer moving.. the air is no longer cold. The strength of the AC is perfect.. just not cold until i start moving the car again... ?

Is the light still on when the "AC" button is pressed in? A common problem with proteges is the AC won't turn on or it'll work intermittently when the fan speed isn't turned on "1"... which isn't very helpful since when the fan is set to 1 the fan makes more noise than it does blow air.
Can you compare those two things? Fan noise and air flow? Yea sure...
On other fan speeds, you might notice the light go on for a bit and then start to flicker, along with the actual AC turning on and off with the light- happens to me all the time, there's a way to fix it that involves some minor electrical work but i haven't tried it. It's somewhere here in the protege forms though, assuming the common electrical glitch is your problem.
I'm not sure what your car's problem is, but the flickering AC light problem is something to look into eh?

im somehow having the same problem. The air is not blowing as cold as it used to before. I was thinking about maybe changing the ac gas, has anyone done that?

Should go back to normal or close to it with a spray of freon. Most oil change places do it, or you could get a can and do it yourself. Fixed mine and its been good for the last year

Sounds like it needs a recharge. If the AC system might have a leak, a dye is added to locate the leak. Should cost ~$70.

just get a recharge kit from a parts store. comes with instructions how to do it yourself. it's super easy

Back