Air intake setup

hi

I want to get an air intake...

i notice there was a hole(under the hood) under the engine coolant liquid.I want my intake to go down there

is there an air intake setup that i can buy... or will i have to go custom??

thanks

ALex

alexplicit said:
so... every cold air intake goes there...in front on the driver side front wheel...right???
yes thats correct, and in this case you will have to relocate the antifreeze overflow reservuar.

DiS said:
yes thats correct, and in this case you will have to relocate the antifreeze overflow reservuar.

how? all the CAI come with a relocator bracket?

keleko said:
how? all the CAI come with a relocator bracket?
Injen CAI does come with it. You will have relocate the overflow reservuar to next to the radiator fan (there are two, but Im talking about the drivers side radiator fan) and will also have to remove that bracket that this reservuar sits on....2 or 3 bolts, simple enough.

alexplicit said:
yep thats exactly what i want to do

but... why is there a hole there does it have another function??

i dont know thats a good question. It looks as though it was just made for an air intake or something along those lines, because if you look at the bottom of your car there should be a couple of holes in the panel right infront of your tire, and it would seem as though they are there so that cold air can be used, but keeping large road debree out of harms way with the filter head.

alexplicit said:
where did you guys buy your intake??

how much did it cost you??

what's the lowest price i can get for a cold air intake?

You have to look around. Different intakes will do different things and some that apply to the performance your looking for more. Companies like Injen and K&N just go to their website and they will have a search you can do or a list of authorized dealers.

The Hole is for the RHD version of our car. The Windshield bottle goes on the other side when the driver is on the Right...

k@n typhoon cost 219 from vividracing w/o shipping. great product because u get 2 brackets which no other company offers. one is for the coolant and the other one is right under the bend in the stock p5 strut bar. also, u can convert to sri or cai.

is there on ebay or somewere else a no name, cheap COLD air intake or is it just injen AEM...By cheap i mean under 100$(you can get a cold air intake for any honda under 50$ on ebay)

thanks

Back