Air Filter - Recommendations?

isaac33

:
2014 Mazda, CX-5/Touring
Hey I'm looking at replacing my air filter possibly. I have just over 31k miles on my '14 CX-5 2.5l.
Is it a waste to replace it at this mileage or should I replace it?
Is there a particular brand that's better than the latter?

I thought i read a post on this topic but I can't seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I will replace my engine air filter with an OEM one. I don't remember the Mazda recommendation for mileage but, if you live in a dusty environment then change it.

I use the AEM Dryflow air filter on all of my vehicles and have never had an issue. They are well made, don't require oiling and should last for the life of the vehicle if cleaned periodically as recommended by AEM. I believe they carry a lifetime warranty too.

They cost about the same as the OEM air filter.

Hey I'm looking at replacing my air filter possibly. I have just over 31k miles on my '14 CX-5 2.5l.
Is it a waste to replace it at this mileage or should I replace it?
Is there a particular brand that's better than the latter?

I thought i read a post on this topic but I can't seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

The OEM air filter is the best filter available from a performance standpoint. It causes almost zero pressure drop and has a huge amount of filter area designed to catch very small particles so it can hold a lot of dirt before performance is impacted. Unless you drive in unusually dusty conditions it is rated for 35,000 miles.

Old rule of thumb, hold it up to the light- if you can still see through it's still good. Usually change mine at 20k, very dusty conditions around here especially with a lot of construction going on. I always try to use OEM, less arguments that way when things go wrong, but it's your choice. Mazda has a good filter and it's comparably priced with anything else you're going to get.

My 2014 CX5 GS is in the shop now with this issue. The valves are being replaced only 20,000 km into the vehicles life, so this is still an ongoing issue. I will never feel 100% confident driving this vehicle again.

My 2014 CX5 GS is in the shop now with this issue. The valves are being replaced only 20,000 km into the vehicles life, so this is still an ongoing issue. I will never feel 100% confident driving this vehicle again.

This is too funny!

Another "one post wonder" bashing the CX-5 in a pathetic attempt to create the impression the CX-5 is unreliable. And what is this "issue" you allude to? A dirty air filter? Because that's all that's being discussed here. You have so many alias's, on so many forums, you can't even keep your various bashing posts straight.

Time for a new alias.

I agree with you on that poster MikeM. Just reading his post is just like the spam you would receive from Craigslist scammers. "is this item still for sale, what is your final price on this item"

This is too funny!

Another "one post wonder" bashing the CX-5 in a pathetic attempt to create the impression the CX-5 is unreliable. And what is this "issue" you allude to? A dirty air filter? Because that's all that's being discussed here. You have so many alias's, on so many forums, you can't even keep your various bashing posts straight.

Time for a new alias.

I wonder if that "rubber" timing belt snapped too ;-)

eBay would probably be cheapest if you can locate an OEM --> PN: PE07133A0A

5470192.gif

I really like the design of the CX-5 airbox/intake system. The filter box has a huge amount of volume and the intake air enters the filter element from the bottom. This allows sand, water, small stones and insects that get drawn in to be able to fall harmlessly to the bottom of the filter box where it will remain, even under full throttle, high rpm driving. The intake air on my Ducati enters the filter from the top and the pleats fill with sand, small stones and dried insects which reduces performance. I need to vacuum it out every 6,000 miles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back