Air Conditioner Dash Indicator Light Intermitent

tankerma

Hello,
I own a 2004 Mazda 3 with a 2.3 liter engine. I recently began having trouble with the A/C light on the dash coming on and off with the A/C in the on position. The compressor seems to cut off and the air coming from the vents gets warmer as well. It stays off for approx 1 minute and cuts back on. Also, can anyone tell me the correct compressor line pressure when servicing the air conditioner compressor.

I've got the same problem in mine and thats after replacing the a/c compressor last year. Still haven't found what causes it tho. Now that I know it isn't just me with this problem I'm gonna have a closer look at the a/c compressor and maybe the lines as well.

at dealer now.... my mazdaspeed 3 a/c control light has been turning on and off.... now the air won't turn on anymore... might be a blown motor... argh... is 900 the right price to it replaced...

Same thing happend to my 2004 last summer, Mazda Dealer says it most likely would need a A/C control module, around $400 or $700 to replace don't remember. Sounds like a DIY really if its just a module. But luckily it hasn't been giving me that problem anymore....we shall see what happens this summer.

Back