Aggressive fitment anyone?!

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Spring time is around the corner and i think i'm gonna shoot for a super aggressive wheel fitment for this year. As most of you know, i'm currently running a 16x7 +42 offset wheel with 205/40's and they sit much more aggressive than the stock racing harts. before the camber adjustments, the rears sit just about flush with the rear fenders and the fronts have a ways to go. i'm gonna roll the fender lips and push the wheels out as far as i can to hopefully meet flush all the way around.

Anyone ever think of running an aggressive wheel fitment?

Examples:

13-3.jpg

Advans GTR faced in +29

l_7289aca04caa31555ddd187744825923.jpg

again, Advan RS GTR faced in +29

IMG_0050.jpg

CR kai's in +20

Are you talkin about putting spacers in? Hmm. Sounds like a good idea. Cant wait to see it done. I kinda wish the stockers had a more flush fitment. .

Me and a friend were talking about this yesterday. I might be testing it out with some spacers to see around what offset I would need to run on my next set of rims.

I don't know if it qualifies as "aggressive", but I'm running 225/45 tires on a 17x7.5 +45 wheel, and it's pretty flush in the rear. Here's the best pic I could find at the moment.

well theres aggressive then theres looking like s*** because they stick out from the fenders

that evo is an example of looking like s***

as far as the subies, Im not a fan of wheels where spokes protrude the face of lip of the wheel

the evo wouldn't look terrible if it was lowered, the spokes on the subaru's are examples of the GTR face, which looks super aggressive IMO.

the evo wouldn't look terrible if it was lowered, the spokes on the subaru's are examples of the GTR face, which looks super aggressive IMO.

The Evo would also look better if the rims were a little thinner but with a more aggerssive offset and the sidewall of the tires were thinner.

everything would depend on rims geometry which do vary from brands and as well as model.

I too want to get some summer wheels and I'm eye-balling those ADVAN RS GTR face 17x8 w/ 235x45x17 NITTO INVO. IMO that will be aggressive look like no one has tried on MSP/Protege before.
But there's some other cheaper options as well.

Bottom line is the rubbing issue you will run into, usually aggressive looks are achieved best with coilovers but I'll be waiting like the rest and see how your's turns out.

i run 7 inch wide on a 43 and it sits flush enough for me
l_1d1df9f13726cc273d67973ed8d2bb5e.jpg

if I go any more flush my tires rub the rear fender lip. Hell,they are rolled and I was still rubbing on hard turns on a canyon run with my new dunlops on. they run wider than the falkens did

Currently I'm running 225/45-16. 16x8 FD's with 3mm spacers.

Next summer I'll probably look to run 17x8 +48 with some 235/40-17

DSCF0511-1.jpg

Back