Aftermarket Warranties?

My factory warranty for my 2006 MS6 will be ending (4 years up, at ~32K) on March 24th. I have had the car since last October and I really love it. Will probably be holding on to it for several years to come. Currently the car is bone stock and has been since it rolled off the lot.

However, spending as much time as I do on these damn forums lately has not made me feel overwhelmingly confident that I won't have any major repairs to deal with down the road.

I am trying to get an idea of what peoples opinions are on extended warranties. I am sure the mazda dealership could sell me one for a lot of money and jump at the chance to void it, but do I have any other choices? I currently have a CP-E RMM in my basement and plan on getting a SSP and an intake. Nothing to crazy but there are a few things I'd like to do. How do aftermarket companys work as far as mods go? Can they void your warranty as easily as mazda likes to?

With just an intake you should be fine. You could alway get the mazdaspeed authorized intake. Or you could swap it out for dealer visits. Its a pretty easy process.

The motor mount and SSP (short shifter plate?) will be fine.

Back