Aftermarket spring vs. coilover ride differences

The coilover gives you damper (shock) adjustment as well so you ride better, don't bottom out and handle better.

I know that, but I call mine Compact urban vehicle, that is why I want it low. I won't be going with it off roading. We still have a CRV, if we need to go off the road.

Well Tibi if your joining the big boy club your going to need adjustable links to properly utilize your bar at those ride heights (hardrace). You may or may not need a camber arm depending on your ride height, tire size and damping setting (rubbing or not under suspension movement). I don't recall; is your cx5 wrong wheel drive?

I'm in the considering phase now. I'm gathering info, if it's worth switching from springs to full adjustable coilovers or not. At this point, I'm not convinced that I will gain much, other then getting rid of the rake.
If I have to, I will replace the camber arms. I'm not sure, how much adjustment do I still have left, with my arms/rear toe adjustment.
I'm not planning to slam it to the ground, maybe something like yours, or slightly lower. As of right now, I'm scraping the bottom of the door, at many tall sidewalks.
But is so much fun driving with this setup, that I'm starting to think, that I should replace my seats with some sport seats. I'm concerned about the airbags though.
After some hard cornering, I find myself at one side of the seat. I can turn, like with a gokart.

I'm in the considering phase now. I'm gathering info, if it's worth switching from springs to full adjustable coilovers or not. At this point, I'm not convinced that I will gain much, other then getting rid of the rake.
If I have to, I will replace the camber arms. I'm not sure, how much adjustment do I still have left, with my arms/rear toe adjustment.
I'm not planning to slam it to the ground, maybe something like yours, or slightly lower. As of right now, I'm scraping the bottom of the door, at many tall sidewalks.
But is so much fun driving with this setup, that I'm starting to think, that I should replace my seats with some sport seats. I'm concerned about the airbags though.
After some hard cornering, I find myself at one side of the seat. I can turn, like with a gokart.

I barce my elbow on the side off the seat if I'm making a sharp turn.

Yeah, we haven't heard from you, for a long time.
We can get the Teins here in the States?
Which model numbers do we need for our cars?

Yeah, we haven't heard from you, for a long time.
We can get the Teins here in the States?
Which model numbers do we need for our cars?

He's in new zealand. You can get teins from japanparts, and I think Rodrigo Font said he can get teins. Or find the part number there may be a US seller. I haven't checked in over a yr.

Yeah sorry for the absence, I had a few things in life that took away my focus , some great some sad but that's life .

i had fantastic service from

Andy Utsumi
Customer Service
AutoStyle
e-mail: support@auto-style.jp

I got a pant load of stuff from him, very helpful and nothing was a problem

He's in new zealand. You can get teins from japanparts, and I think Rodrigo Font said he can get teins. Or find the part number there may be a US seller. I haven't checked in over a yr.

Dude, I had them for 3 years, they work great, and ride great. They just don't go as low.

1973292_10154697655740487_5024741678821555803_o.jpg

10712690_10155317320235487_2567761199664164217_o.jpg

BCS left at shipped setting
sme6mgl.jpg

^ looks great as always. Fill me in here, the white KE is current and the Blue one was before or someone else? Above pix both on BCS? Tails looks nice! Plug n play?

Blue is the previous 2.0 and Chris purchased a new 2.5L, the white one.
Blue is H&R and white is on BCS.
Chris, did I get it right?

Blue is the previous 2.0 and Chris purchased a new 2.5L, the white one.
Blue is H&R and white is on BCS.
Chris, did I get it right?

Yes, the too two are both H&R, bottom BC. Top led crystal LED taillight,all clear, bottom (cheaper) taiwan version with red reflector. Yes they are plug and play, except for the increasing brightness when applying brakes. You have to wire tap into the 3rd brake light. There are at least 15 styles of led tails on ebay etc right now, and most seem to have gone down in price recently.

Nice! With them H&R looks quite low. Not sure if is bc of body color and dark wheels but i was measuring it and with H&R after the drop should still hv like almost 2" gap.

Need adj control arm or anything like that after the mild drop

Back