After trip status:

Flav

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Well, my car made it to and from Quebec city! (2,100kms)
But now here's what I'm facing..

Speeds around 150kms the wheel is a little shakey again (just got it balanced about 3 weeks ago)
So, I guess I'm gonna go back to Canadian tire and complain to see if they fix it for free (doubt it, so I'll just make a bigger deal out of it then I need to :)

My ABS and handbrake lights went back on agai on the way home..no leaking full with brake fluid..and the car brakes fine, so..screwed up sensor?

Also my rotors are warped (bumping when slowing down)

So could that be a reason for the screwed sensor?

Now this is new! Or..i never realized it bit when I start my car it idles @ 500rpm..ist it supposed to be 1,000?
This only happened when I started my car up, when I'm at a light it idles @ 1,000..but I only noticed this when I dropped off my buddy last night.

And last thing, need an oil change :) lol

So Now I guess I'll be busy for a bit dealing wit this car. -_-

ABS light most likely the sensor. Not thinking warped rotor woulda broke it.

Idle should be 750rpm. If low/hi then check your IAC valve and maybe clean the egr.

Oh man..it's time to let out my big secret...I'm pretty noobish with engine stuff, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about!!

But here's an update: brake lights are not on anymore, and the idling seems to be okay now? :-S car doesn't male any weird noise's either.
Just the initial idle is a bit weird.
Example: started the car, it went to 1,500 then slowly dropped down to 750 (very slow drop)

Easy solution to all your problems: keep driving at 150km/h, get booked under the "street racing" law, have your car impounded and license suspended on the spot.

Problems solved!

Easy solution to all your problems: keep driving at 150km/h, get booked under the "street racing" law, have your car impounded and license suspended on the spot.

Problems solved!

+1. I don't have much sympathy for your 150km/hr vibrations (that's about 93 mph for all you non-metric guys). And I don't blame Canadian Tire for refusing to rebalance your wheels if they shake at that speed.

For your idle issue, try checking your intake boot for cracks and clean your EGR valve.

Well..Canadian tire didn't refuse i just said they were the ones who did do the balancing for me about 2 weeks ago.
And 150 seemed to be the speed everyone was doing on Quebec highways.

Thanks for the idle tips tho guys. I'll probably clean them up this weekend.

Looks like SOOOMEBODY drove to Quebec City to see Rammstein! hehehe, just assuming. I DID! Funny thing...a couple of days later, MY ABS light came on! I drove about 15 km then made a pit-stop. When I re-started the car, the ABS light stayed off...as I knew it would. Stupid glitch! So...no idea why it did that...

LOL! how did you know? I've been waiting YEARS to see them, so the 12 hour drive was worth it.

But yeah ABS is still a problem. Found out it's the left rear wheel..gonna try washing it tonight.

12 hours?? YIKES! Let's just say it was the longest day of our (me and wife) lives. Drove-in on Friday and got to the show site Sunday morning, 9AM. Never saw so many drunks at a show. Sooo much pushing that my petite wife couldn't take it. Had to strongly warn some drunks against pushing. They went away, but sooo many losers there. Even saw many drunk WOMEN and even a guy that had collapsed. Funny and sad to see the paramedics constantly walk right-by that poor guy! Sad, sad event ruined for us because of drunken idiots! Feel embarrassed to be a Quebecer, that's for sure. Anyway, hope you had a better time and post a solution to your ABS problem if you find one! Thanks!

I have small reason to believe we ran into eachother at the concert..where u (if your looking at the stage) on the left hand side semi close to the front?
Cuz i felt the same way about all the pushing getting annoying and I know there was 2 diff couples next to me who were upset with the moshers. So I just blocked there path from passing me :)

No, I was on the right side of the stage, directly in front of the screen and about 15 feet from front-row. The pushing was everywhere. I was a doorstop for 2 moshes started by the same losers. Then myself and another guy beside me decided to push back! Then I told-off some guys and they left more towards center-stage and moshed there. I found-out later that a buddy of mine was there as well. He was much further back near the big white tent and said there was constant pushing there as well. Sucks. however, I recently found videos online through torrent sites. Look here: http://thepiratebay.org/search/rammstein live/0/99/200
The first 2 are what you want.... The ones that say "SKK" and "AM RING". Amazing vids of the show in other cities, but essentially the same. ENJOY!

hey, thanks a ton!
LOL we've drifted so far off from this whole Protege topic..

Back