After Market Turbo Owners!!!!

xantxp5x

Whats up everyone. I've had my p5 for a year and i almost got rid of it I'm glad i didnt because i love my car. So now its time to pour lots of money into it.hehe. Anyway I wanted to ask all of the people who Turbo'd their p5's if they are everyday drivers and if they have had any problems? I am particularly interested in people that have done the Hi-boost kit because thats what i am looking to do. I want this car to be fast, however i cant afford to have it breaking down all the time. I frequently take like 300 mile trips to boston. Let me know what everyone thinks. Thanx a lot in advance for the input.

im not trying to be a dick, but there are about 10k threads if you search for hiboost...i know pirana alone has hiboost install threads (2 of them) that probably have about 200 replies between the two of them alone. this will help you get a great idea of what youre looking at.

i have read both of those posts in their entirity. I was just looking to get some updated answers as to how these people still feel about now their cars are running and such. I may not have many posts but i know forum etiquette I did the search and was still curious. You cant have a forum without a bit of redundance because how many new topics can there be ya know?

just can't ask questions these days without hearing 'search' ... what about the people have HAVE searched and still have questions. how about if you don't know then stfu and if you do know contribute. :mad:

I have a Spool stage 2 kit with stage 3 intercooler and next week it will have the stage 4 ECU. The kit itself is IMO the best, but what is better is the customer service that Terry and his crew present.

Not knocking Hiboost either (I think they have an awesome kit), but it is "new" to anyone on this board, so it is IMPOSSIBLE at this point to say what the reliability of it is. I doubt it will have problems (I'm not saying that), but the opinions you get will be those of the "newly" boosted. . .and again not to knock them, but man, I sang a different tune when I first applied boost, so of course I thought my kit was a gift from God! Just my $.02!

It will be your kit, so decide as you may, but it is your decision alone and you have to be happy with it.

If you've done the research already (which I'm sure you have), then you probably already know what you're gonna do. In which case. . .plunk down the money. You won't regret it. . . nothing like seeing that vacuum gauge go above zero and everything else fading into the distance. . .yeeeeehhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

I have over 10K miles on my BEGI kit and other then coolant and oil leaks that love to torture me, all is well.

1st MP3 in NH said:
I have over 10K miles on my BEGI kit and other then coolant and oil leaks that love to torture me, all is well.

I have the same kit, but no oil leaks (after I fixed them), and small coolant leak (my fault).

i love my car, had it a year. its ran 2K miles on boost. does not leak. very smooth. stand alone fuel management and can do ignition for a bit more money. the coolest looking kit IMO. juans customer service is UNREAL i can vouch for that, (thanks again juan). there is no reliablility issues with this kit its so smooth and runs rich and just drives kick ass motor dont even know there is boost... you know what i mean.

anyways, i would go hi boost. its the most adaptable kit there is with upgrades and how much power you want. and you can run 13 psi SAFLEY unlike anyone elses kits. i am not knocking the other kits, i love all the turbo guys selling them, they know stuff too but dollar for dollar...

anyways, good luck.

Since no one is representing. . .Spool that is. . .

6k on turbo. . .
As it sits now. . .no leaks whatsoever. The original ones were my fault (actually that of the welder).
Pulls like a monster. . .spools fast, runs like a champ! Happy to show anyone. . .

As I said before, you probably have already made up your mind, and that is cool, go for it, I'm positive you won't be disappointed with any of the kits represented so far (note: BEGI = FM).

We have many stages to our kits that allow one to upgrade as they go along. We have been around these boards for some time now and I frequent them often. Our customer service is excellent and we stand by our products.

Here are some links incase you did not already check them out.

http://www.spool-turbo.com/TurboKits.html

http://www.spool-turbo.com/stage2.html

http://www.spool-turbo.com/stage3.html

We are currently pulling the highest hp per psi and we will make more. Check out the stage 3 link for info:)

Make sure you look at what you get for the money you spend. Look at what the kit includes. Make sure if it a everyday car that the turbo is water cooled and that you will not have any extra expenses after the kit is on. the kit should be complete. From the install dp going to your stock exhaust to not cuting your car up just to fit the intercooler piping and intercooler in. There are alot things to think about and The one thing that I can tell you, is to do your homework!! I have seen alot of people buy kits and not be happy with them.

Take your time!!!

Andrew Wagner
Wagnermotorsports.net

i'm considering the spool stage 1 myself. i haven't heard any negative feedback so far... anyone out there with problems?

anyone want to buy a brand new spool stage 2 mani with coting and a slightly used dp? brand new as in i havent recevied it yet still shipping.

Back