after market HU with stock wiring and speakers?

SO I just picked up a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT. I have plans to install amps, speakers, and subs but for now I am wondering if I can just plop the Pioneer in the car.

My car is a 2008.5 Speed 3 with the BOSE system. Can I just install the wire harness (probably the Metra kit) and run the stock speakers off the HU amp? DO I need some weird converter? I think the BOSE system has amps somewhere in line so I think I cannot just plug in the Pioneer.

With the Metra harness, it will work with your stock amp/speakers etc. Make sure you specify Bose when buying the harness.

I would look up the bose head unit pin out connector and compare it to the harness you bought before plugging it in. I just don't want to see a fried head unit.

I will do that...
I called my local shop to see how much it would cost for me to take the easy way out and have them do it. $500... ugh, I think I will be doing this myself. Granted they are REALLY good and a REALLY good shop but that is more than I paid for the unit.

If they want $500 to install a deck, they are absolutely outrageous.

Dash kit - $25
Harness - $25-$30
Install time - 10 minutes for an experienced person, 30 minutes for a newbie.

The only extra work involved in DVD/Nav decks is running a GPS antenna and connecting to your ebrake switch.

You should change shops as they are a rip off.

That is $500 PLUS parts.

I am thinking it will take me like 4 hours. I figure I have to take apart the dash, take apart the shifting/ebrake area, run the ebrake, run the mic, do the pin out for the wire harness, wire the PAC SWI-PS thingie. Of course I am a "weekend warrior" at car audio, a pro SHOULD be able to put my efforts to shame.

I am amazed at what a rip off that place is.

If you are a weekend warrior, I think you will enjoy the installation. It's not difficult to install and feels good when you are done. I'm all about feeling good lol.

With the Metra harness, it will work with your stock amp/speakers etc. Make sure you specify Bose when buying the harness.

small prbolem
the stuck HU feed a line signal to the blose amp under the seat

the connector there has 17 pins, a remote on, 8 line to the amp, and 8 speaker to the doors.

SO
you need a shorting plug to correctly route the 8 line to the matching speaker lead (they are not coax, but they are line input)

and
a connector to get the pioneer speaker leads to the cars line out pins at the back of the stock HU

not impossible, should sound nice, (do the cheep tweet upgrade, for sure)
but I think youll be fabricating a connector or two before the dust settles

I know the amp side well, have never had the HU out. there is a color chart around, search for "underseat wiring" with luck the code follows up to the stock HU

I am all set... for the most part. I ahve the harness connected to the stereo wire harness with butt ends, per the directions from Metra. I have the PAC-SWI-ps for the steering wheel change control.

The only thing left that I am worried about is how to find the Speed Sensing Wire in the car (VSS). I am told I have to find the ECU and it is one of those, but several different sites have said a couple different colors and pins. Anyone hooked up a GPS with our car and knows where to find that wire?

Back