2017~2024 AFE Takeda CX-5 Axle-Back exhaust system

Jef

:
2019 CX-5 grand touring reserve
New axle back exhaust released today.

8A3163BE-404E-4FAD-9A3F-2553226B0123.jpeg

Why in the world would they use clamps on a custom tailpipe section. Seems like cutting corners to increase GP? And the price point is high not being a fully welded system?

Summit has it listed for $575 still seems to be a cheaper option. Let’s see if anyone tests it out or if they post a YouTube video with an audio clip. I’d run it if it sounds good and gives a little bump in power

Summit has it listed for $575 still seems to be a cheaper option. Let’s see if anyone tests it out or if they post a YouTube video with an audio clip. I’d run it if it sounds good and gives a little bump in power
Mufflers need a break in period. Those systems or individual mufflers that have glass or steel fibers can take up to a few thousands miles to break in for the sound they will eventually produce. Even chambered mufflers will change their tone between 100-300 miles of use new out of the box. Spirited driving habits can increase the time a muffler break in is and even depending on the muffler can be louder yet. All these things the manufactures and suppliers of mufflers and exhaust system upgrades don't tell you. Watching advertisements and YouTube unless you know for certain that the system has been broke in is not a good indicator of the end sound output.

The power results from that tail pipe system ...um.... I think someone stretched the truth a little...
and why in the world would you coat (in black) a claimed stainless steel muffler? I also see what may be a overlooked design flaw but would only be able to confirm my thought seeing it mounted on the Mazda?

The last thing I noticed when it comes to stretching the tall tails is that if you combined all 3 of the MAZDA performance upgrades you should achieve about 20-30 hp gain....😂that's is just not possible and some of their product flat don't work at all as they claim!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jef
Why in the world would they use clamps on a custom tailpipe section. Seems like cutting corners to increase GP? And the price point is high not being a fully welded system?
most likely to reduce shipping/packaging size.

My Racing beat was a similar price, one piece, and is perfect fit. Sound is nearly silent while driving normal, and louder when getting on it.

When I get the car back from service (it's been at the dealer for a month an a half), I'll make a video.

Latest posts

Back