AEMWB02 Stuck on 14.7

hazeXban

Goku Killer
:
Mazdaspeed Protege 03.5
I have had this Gauge and Sensor on my car for almost a year, and starting 2 days ago after the car warms up the gauge just sits at 14.7 and doesn't move.

I have assumed this means the sensor went bad. Can it be cleaned to fix it, or do i need a new one?

Also having it fail, does that mean I am running to rich? Based on its readings when it was working I wouldn't think so, but my tail pipe seems to tell another story hehe, its always black.

How much does a new sensor cost? And which vendors want my business!

Thanks

Pete

like u said it could be a smoked sensor..not sure what else could be the problem.. unless the acutal gauge just s*** the bed.. it just stays there and doenst move?

My friend has this gauge on his eclipse, he's burned out a few WBO2 sensors on it but the gauge still seems to work. It just reads at a different level but it will change it usualy reads lean when it's messed up. That guy runs A LOT of boost. So he figures that's what burns out the sensor. He's cleaned it and it will work ok for a few weeks but he still replaces that sensor, I'll talk to him see where he gets them.

Orng1/Bob

sounds like the sensor sh*t the bed on you. You can try cleaning it and see- it might work as a short term solution. If not, you can just buy a new sensor from AEM or Bosch directly. I'm 95% sure it isnt the guage itself frozen, but check your wires to make sure nothing is shorted just in case.

Back