AEM turbo manifold

Pirana

Contributor
:
704whp AMS Evo IX MR
In the recent SEMA coverage in Super Street they announce that AEM is making turbo manifolds for several applications, including Mazdaspeed Protege....is this for real?

AEM bought out DC Sports who were in production of a mazdaspeed protege turbo header. AEM is continuing the R&D on it as well as on a single canister exhaust, and a carbon streel strut bar, all with statuses of 'coming soon'.

Has anyone tried to contact them recently, I really don't think the would make anything I'm just curious.

Orng1/Bob

I recently found a shop here in Indy called AIM Tuning. They specialize in tuning miatas and rx7's. Here is the site www.aimtuning.com

Anyway, I contacted them last week about fabricating a downpipe (s/j pipes) and if they could do and exhaust mani. They got me in touch with their guy who does all of their custom fabrication. His name was Alex and he owns a shop in Ft. Wayne, IN (about 2 hrs north of Indy). If you want to see his work, check out www.turbogoods.com It looks like he does really good work. He is obviously capable of making one, but I haven't spoken to him about price or anything like that yet. I'm going to have to wait alittle bit to get my tax return money before I have him start making one.

I

sub....

I would say AEM MAY abondon the exhaust mani like they did with the sri...for the car
but that would be cool, if its done excpect a big PRICE......

Ok I have a small update, I just read an email from Alex Neumann owner of Neukin Motor Developments. See www.turbogoods.com or www.neukin.com for examples of his work.
I asked him about building a downpipe and an exhaust manifold, and he said the exhaust mani would sell for $700 and the downpipe for $300. He will need my car for a few days to do the fabrication, and he is located about 2 hrs north of where I live. I told him this spring I would get back in touch with him and schedule a time for me to drive my car up there and leave it for a weekend. So as it gets closer to the time I will post a new thread with updated info.

Back