AEM Short Ram Intake vs Injen CAI

UKDM_323f

:
UKDM 323F 2.0 Sport
Hi all
Been looking at Injen cold air intakes & some guys over at club323f.com in UK about 2/3 are using it recently so just thinking is it worth changing my currrent AEM Short ram intake for the Injen CAI one ?one person over there even in process of chagning his AEM SRI for a Injen CAI ! since lot of people here using both of them, just wanna see your views/opinions on them, im happy with what i got as i speak in terms of sound etc but did hear someone say that the way the AEM SRI is located that power is actually losst than gained & some AEM ones are even relocated for a better cold air feed! I do like the look of the Injen one better though, just wonder if i should of bought the Injen one in first place !

Feedback/opions welcome

Thanks !

this topic has been talked about over and over Im sure. Please use the search as that might help you in your quest for knowledge

evilmonkeyMSP said:
this topic has been talked about over and over Im sure. Please use the search as that might help you in your quest for knowledge

Unless you look like the person in your avatar. If so, then you don't have to search.

A mod that's not worth the time and money IMO. The gains per $ are worthless. Best used in conjunction with serious mods if you're trying to tweak every last HP.

I've had both and didn't notice any difference. The biggest difference is the SRI is less stressful in the rain. It was rough with the CAI it scared me.

Yea, the CAI is really not more affective than the AEM, just do a search, theres a million topics on this.

zumzumzoom03 said:
I've had both and didn't notice any difference. The biggest difference is the SRI is less stressful in the rain. It was rough with the CAI it scared me.

Agreed. I removed mine for this reason (among others). Lately here in Houston it has been raining almost every day for about a month and a half, and I'm glad that thing is NOT installed.

Thanks for feedback, yea sorry didnt do a search was just in a rush but will do nxt time! Yea i can imagine the rain + CAI not mixing come to think about it & since the car is lowered too!

Thanks again

Back