AEM piggy back VS. SSAFC?

03.5_M_SPEED

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
I want to buy a piggyback for my mazda but im not sure which to go with. Any ideas or success stories will help.

The AEM allows you to modify both fuel and timing and the AFC only controls fuel, so the AEM gives you more tuning potential for the money. The downside is that the AEM isn't as widely used or easy to install as the AFC, so you'll kind of be on your own if you go with the AEM. Ultimately, it depends on what you wanna use the unit for. Is it just to get rid of fuel cut or do you have pretty serious plans for the future?

There are a few people that are running the AEM, but it seems to me the AEM is the better unit due to the usability and timing control. I do plan to upgrade to the AEM (from the SSAFC)

The AEM allows you to modify both fuel and timing and the AFC only controls fuel, so the AEM gives you more tuning potential for the money. The downside is that the AEM isn't as widely used or easy to install as the AFC, so you'll kind of be on your own if you go with the AEM. Ultimately, it depends on what you wanna use the unit for. Is it just to get rid of fuel cut or do you have pretty serious plans for the future?

My future plans are to go to a 14-15psi set up essentially make a SRT eater, I love my car but Im tired of seeing all these SRT4's out running me... :( I bought my car for the "rarity" of it because I never see them around, just wish it was faster

No you still have to use the MAF. To get rid of the MAF you have to go full standalone. I wouldn't expect to outrun SRT4s depending on the mods. They just have a much better drivetrain, personally I hate them because of the way they look.

My future plans are to go to a 14-15psi set up essentially make a SRT eater, I love my car but Im tired of seeing all these SRT4's out running me... :( I bought my car for the "rarity" of it because I never see them around, just wish it was faster

You sound like me 5 years ago haha. MSP was becoming too much of a money pit to try to keep up with SRTs and what not. So now I have a bigger money pit with AWD and is much faster. :)

No you still have to use the MAF. To get rid of the MAF you have to go full standalone. I wouldn't expect to outrun SRT4s depending on the mods. They just have a much better drivetrain, personally I hate them because of the way they look.

It makes me sick to see them they are EVERYWHERE!! I love my mazda I just wish it was faster!

Back