AEM or K&N?

TheBryGuy

:
'02 Protege5
AEM from what I understand has the dry charge filter that uses just regular water to clean. With K&N you have to buy the recharge kit and re-oil the filter. Are the power gains about the same from both? Is K&N a better filter? Which should I go with?

id go with k&n if those are your 2 options...i have k&n in the rx8 but for my p5 i have my injen intake...i just love how it looks and i think they all perform about the same

K&N has been around for 35 years, and revolutionized the air filter indistry with their product. I have had a K&N in every vehicle i have ever owned. I trust their experience over anyone else.

K&N started it, but that doesn't mean they are the best. The best is Apexi but thats twice as much. I just got the AEM dry filter and love it so far. I don't have to worry about the oil getting on the MAF wire. They are all proven, I'd go with the AEM Dry just because it's dry. And I got my for the same price as the K&N, 45.

It is really preference, bottom line. Lots of options now. I just like K&N, as they were there where I got into cars many years ago. I do not feel like changing what works.

AEM sticker = +2hp
K&N sticker = +10hp

The choice is yours.

Back