Advice wanted!

theevilm

:
'03 Mazda Protege LX
I'm stuck between an obx 4-1 header or an injen cai. Does anyone know which will provide more power or if I should get one before the other?

The header would be nice but may not gain much without full exhaust. So I could go with cai. But someone may know better than me. I'm running Sri and its nice. Hoping to go full exhaust soon.

You need both to get full use out if them

Where at in va are you? I have an msp/mp3 wing you might want more lol

I would get a cai first and save my money to get a full catback and header all together. That way, when u will be installing it, u wont be putting a rusted exhaust on a brand new header flange/seal.

I would get a cai first and save my money to get a full catback and header all together. That way, when u will be installing it, u wont be putting a rusted exhaust on a brand new header flange/seal.

That's what I was thinking, I want to get the obx 4-1 and mate it with the corksport exhaust system. Where did you get your fogs in your sig? I want to get them in yellow and it would look awesome with the build I have now

The header would be nice but may not gain much without full exhaust. So I could go with cai. But someone may know better than me. I'm running Sri and its nice. Hoping to go full exhaust soon.

I heard the sri's aren't as good as the cai because of the obvious power differences. And if I get the cai I can always change it to run in sri form. But that's my 2 cents.

I'm in Staunton, opposite side of va lol

You will see a 1-3 whp difference between Sri and cai, it's way more noticeable on a turbo car than na either way it will still be slow lol

Where there's a will, there's a way haha. Unfortunately I have an automatic, but it's going to be the fastest auto around

Ya, you're making 60-70 whp lol, manuals make right around 100whp. These cars will be slow without going turbo or kl

The fog lights came oem on my car. i have the ES edition (fully equiped)
You can probably buy the whole foglight setup here on the forums for around 100$ shipped.

Ya, you're making 60-70 whp lol, manuals make right around 100whp. These cars will be slow without going turbo or kl

That's so depressing.

The fog lights came oem on my car. i have the ES edition (fully equiped)
You can probably buy the whole foglight setup here on the forums for around 100$ shipped.

I'm thinking about starting a build thread like you did once I get my cai. And I'll find those fogs, I need 'em.

I heard the sri's aren't as good as the cai because of the obvious power differences. And if I get the cai I can always change it to run in sri form. But that's my 2 cents.

I would rather have a cai than my Sri. But I got a good deal on it I hope ill be getting exhaust and cai soon. As soon as I find out what's wrong with my car.

I'm concerned with hydro-locking my engine, that's the only thing keeping me from buying the cai right now.

I have to drive through some areas that get flooded when it rains. Looks like it will actually help to make me a slower driver haha

I rather be safe than sorry. That's the only reason why I got a Sri
And I can't wait to see your build thread :)

Thank you! I'll Let you know when I start it, it should be right when I get the cai in the mail

Oh, and I found a set of rx8 wheels, theres some rash on them and two of them need plugs. One of the tires has a hole in the sidewall and the guy wants $65 for the lot. Is that a good deal?

Latest posts

Back