Advice for installing rear RR Racing inserts

I am not sure the engine would move enough with only the one mount disconnected. The other three hold it position pretty well.

I got a similar response from the other thread. I responded as quoted below:

"I think the problem is that I was not very clear in my original post. I understand that if the engine does not rotate enough with just the center bolt removed I can try and remove the center bolt from the front mount. If the engine still does not rotate enought to provide access for the insterts I can take the engine block bracket off by removing the three bolts depicted in the image.

This proceedure is not effective when replacing the mount becasue what's attached to the firewall has to come out. For the inserts I can simply remove the more easily accessable part which is the engine block bracket.

For the record I have carefuly examined the condition of the mount and appears to be in good condition, at least visually. Besides, I have heard of inserts being installed in a trashed mount and still have the same effect becasue the urethane fills the gaps."

Unlss there is some reason I won;t be able to get those bolts off the engien block, then I am convinced my method will work. Convince me the engine block bracket is impossible to remove.

Thnaks for your response

Latest posts

Back