advancing/decreasing timing

odie84

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Helllloooooo all. Recently I throw a rod through my block and am now going full forged and have not spared any expense in doing so. Now that all engine parts have been ordered and my savings has decreased, I am looking into a cheaper way in controlling timing. I already am running the ssafc and have been looking for cam gears and seem to come up empty handed unless I wanna spend 400 bucks on a set. Are there alternatives to adjusting timing?

What are you asking for the aem? Does it come with everything and is that a standalone or piggy back?

its just like a split second ftc not the afc... it come with a whole msp harness already pre wire to it also comes with the jumper harness to remove it the usb cable also included but i would clean up the wiring up before installation check out links i posted the protegegarage will show the functions and on my page which 200 + shipping obo

jbrewer how do you like the tru boost? iv been looking into them alot....

My Gredddy EBC is a little complicated to set up (all EBCs are) but it is reliable as hell

okay back to topic at hand... what is a nd knock sensor and j&s safe gaurd il look up.

it would be cheaper for the 400 dollar cam gears then the j&s safegaurd

Cam gears adjust valve timing. J&S does ignition timing, which is what you want to do to preserve your motor. It also actively retards timing when it senses knock, so you can run it at the safe limit without worrying about detonation blowing your engine. Running it with your SSAFC would be a nice combo.

I have a brand new J&S for $350.

Its hard to get to the 300 hp range isnt it.... That was my goal when first embarking on this build.

Back