Adhesive for badges?

mrl92

I took off the rear badge of my Mazda 3 to paint it black, and first attempted to use double sided attachment tape to put it on. The badge started separating from the car in about an hour. I then tried to use 3M Plastic and Trim Adhesive, which didn't work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could use? Thanks.

DON'T use double sided tape!!! go to your nearest autozone or advancedauto and ask for an adhesive for logos. they will know what your talking about and it works perfectly. I will take a photo for you so you know what it looks like.

Yeah, I cleaned the area on the back of the car and everything, applied the adhesive to the emblem, held it in place for a little bit...but it started peeling off almost immediately.

Yeah it will work :) just put a good bit on all the logos and let it sit for 5-6 min then put the logos on and apply some pressure for a minute or so then it will work just fine.

Your welcome

tumblr_ljkmhix0Ph1qaaowno1_400.jpg

Just refixed my logos after painting them. double sided tape works just fine to hold them on but they leave too much of a gap. going to have to try your idea here franken.

Yeah use a heat gun on the low setting and heat the logos up. And it will come right off. If you need more info send me a PM.

Or use floss or fishing line to saw thru the adhesive. then goo gone the remaining adhesive. clean real good after tho. maybe even spot wax.

+1 I used fishing line and a hair dryer but I found by pulling slightly it actually got the adhesive off more then fishing line.

Back