guess its long past time for me to update me own build thread

BTW I have a Hiboost mani and I have a FMIC, my AEM piggyback and twiggy cams

now i am shopping a T3/T4 50 trim

this all sounds familiar...
guess its long past time for me to update me own build thread

BTW I have a Hiboost mani and I have a FMIC, my AEM piggyback and twiggy cams

now i am shopping a T3/T4 50 trim

nice, a boosted p5 in MA.i saw your cardomain page,your p5 is niiiice

Isn't there a nice boost setup in the FS section right now with mostly stock MSP setup but hardpipes and BOV, FMIC and a few other goodies? All for $2000?

not a problem,i dunno where In MA you are located,but i myself am located right on the NH border pretty much.

i put the msp set up in my car and it was really easy.
goes like this...
MSP manifold... ( i payed 300 for mani and turbo on FS forums)
MSP turbo....
S-pipe... $70
Oil and Coolant lines.... $50 ( i bought them at a local shop in town)
FMIC ( you can use msp smic if you use msp radiator, but i wouldn't. got my fmic and piping and BOV on ebay for $300 from CXracing, its pretty nice)
MSP ECU.... $200
Guages... $150 ( Boost, Oil Pressure, and gay narrowband 02)

it was really really easy to install, took less than a day. you will have to tap the oil pan, which is really easy if you have a welder or you can get it welded at a shop, or you can get the MSP oil block girdle thingy, i think that seems harder though.
i love the results....

so jealous and relieved at the same time. what did you do about the vcts thing? did you get your welding done before hand? all i have so far is the mani, the turbo, s&j-pipe. sounds like i need atleast 550 more to get everything... Congrats man!!!

how dou you know which msp ecu to get,theres 5 diffrent numbers.or doesent it matter

does anyone know about the msp computers,or whick msp ecm i should use.
i got all the msp ecm numbers

mspo-18-881
fsae-18-881
fsae-18-881a
fsae-18-881b
fsae-18-881c
my ecu number is fs8l-18-881b
any info is greatly appricated

just a quick question for those that have there p5 5-speeds turboed. did you do anything to your tranny? and how is you mpg affected, cruising speed, and top speed?

just a quick question for those that have there p5 5-speeds turboed. did you do anything to your tranny? and how is you mpg affected, cruising speed, and top speed?
I had to upgrade the clutch after about a month and I decided I might as well upgrade the flywheel while I was in there. Overall fuel economy will stay about the same if you drive like a sane person and aren't boosting everywhere. I still average 26-28 mpg but I can get as low at 18 mpg (all city with some fun) and as high as 32+ mpg (all highway and keeping it slow). I honestly have no clue as to why cruising speed would change. I really only takes like 20 hp to push a car going a constant 60 mph so an extra 100 whp or so isn't going to change anything. If you're cruising any faster than 80 mph or so then you should really have your license revoked. The top speed argument is the same. These are not race cars people.

Valid Point Magnum...what are any of you using to tune...are you taking it to a dyno tuner or an in house set up on the laptop...just curious

Back