Adderall / adhd . . . anyone take it ?

coyfish

Just wondering if anyone takes adderall or something similar on a routine basis. I have adhd but have never done anything about it. Can't prevent myself from being distracted in everything I do.

Anyway I would like to know how it effects you on a long term basis. Haven't done too much research but it seems like it works great for the first few times and then a tolerance is built. That seems kind of pointless unless you just pop a pill for finals like many college kids do. But I would like to hear opinions from people who actually have adhd and use drugs to help.

Well, it's a mixture of amphetamines. Tolerance and physical dependence can develop with long-term usage, but taken as directed usually is not a problem. You may have to periodically have your dosage increased because of tolerance, or you may not. You may start to develop tolerance and have your dosage increased, but then reach a "plateau" where you can remain at for years with effectiveness. Basically, everyone's body and brain chemistry are different, so there is no way to know how tolerance may affect you.

Adderall is a Schedule II controlled substance, so prescriptions can only be written for 30 days at a time. No refills are allowed. You can obtain up to three 30-day prescriptions from your doctor (90 day supply), but the 2 "refills" will be "post-dated" so you cannot fill them early. That's federal regulations, and if state regulations are more restrictive in Florida then of course they all apply. I'm not familiar with Florida laws concerning prescriptions for controlled substances. Just understand that prescriptions for CII's aren't like prescriptions for antibiotics -- these drugs are tightly controlled due to their potential for abuse.

Appreciate it. Did more research and adderall isn't the drug of choice (at least initially) for people with adhd.

Back