adapter manifold flange

CHIQLES

Contributor
:
mazdaspeed protege #0403
20131114_174925_zps39cf51ae.jpg

Just an idea I got doesn't mean ill doit but I thought id throw it out there

No just an idea that has been bouncing in my head.
That is one way you could doit though. The ports dont line up completely. If I where to doit I would purchase a cast mani in order to open the ports bigger on the mani.

I'm sorry to tell you but I don't think this will be your best option if you really plan on doing it. Because the runners of the IM don't match the ports on the head you'll need to attempt some form of gasket match/port match which would cause you to machine the head. The location of those ports just so happen to be in the place where there is coolant passages so you won't be able to open them up entirely. If the IM isn't port matched correctly to the head the air traveling through the IM will have a point of which it hits a blockage (excess metal which couldn't be port matched), this blockage regardless of how minimal it is will create a back pressure which will slow the velocity of the air traveling in. This is the exact opposite effect that you'd want from a performance IM since the purpose of an upgraded IM is to allow a higher velocity of air to ensure a proper ionization of air/fuel mixtures.

Good points. I was just trying to think outside the box. I havent seen much progress on the other threads for manis so I was just wondering out loud.

There is another thing you could do and that is cut the honda flange off and put your own. You still might be under 3 bills. But this is me just thinking in any case hopefully someone gets a mani done because at the end of the day its about the gains and durability. Doesnt really matter how you get to it as long as you do.

Last edited:
The main concern with the honda turbo mani aside from the flange is where it locates the turbo and EGR nipple. Would likely require a flexible EGR tube and some custom coolant lines for the turbo. The turbo would have to be in the same location as well due to the exhaust routing.

The main concern with the honda turbo mani aside from the flange is where it locates the turbo and EGR nipple. Would likely require a flexible EGR tube and some custom coolant lines for the turbo. The turbo would have to be in the same location as well due to the exhaust routing.

Stainless oil/ water lines . No egr, problems solved

Get a stainless manifold for the b16 and see if obx will sell a flange for the fs. Any machine shop will cut and weld for $40/80 depending on labor costs

Get a stainless manifold for the b16 and see if obx will sell a flange for the fs. Any machine shop will cut and weld for $40/80 depending on labor costs

I can cut him a flange :) this is a stupid idea though. no offense lol

I can cut him a flange :) this is a stupid idea though. no offense lol
Lol non taken this was just a thought im not doin it I got other prioritys I gota knock out first. This was just to get people thinking outside the box.

What about the exhaust?

Back