Active Driving Display question (2021 CX-9)

RonK

2021 CX-9 GT
The manual shows the speedometer in analog display. My current is digital. How do I switch to analog?

? On the HUD? Analog was an option? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Are you saying the manual shows the current speed in the HUD as an analog display?

Or are you talking about the display in the instrument cluster?

? On the HUD? Analog was an option? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Yes, the HUD or Upfront or "holographic" or aka ACTIVE DRIVING DISPLAY. Yes that is currently showing as a digital readout. So it shows 55 MPH as the current vehicle speed with a square around the numeral. In Analog mode, it would/ or is supposed to show the car speed as a needle on a dial. Did I explain this adequately? I saw a picture of this in the manual. I'm looking for it now.
Screenshot 2023-10-31 115548.jpg

Last edited:
it shows 55 MPH as the current vehicle speed with a square around the numeral
This is the speed limit as programmed into the nav system...looks like a speed limit sign, at least it is on my older CX-9.

Yes, the HUD or Upfront or "holographic" or aka ACTIVE DRIVING DISPLAY. Yes that is currently showing as a digital readout. So it shows 55 MPH as the current vehicle speed with a square around the numeral. In Analog mode, it would/ or is supposed to show the car speed as a needle on a dial. Did I explain this adequately? I saw a picture of this in the manual. I'm looking for it now.View attachment 323529
The digital readout in the center is what your current vehicle speed is. The digital speed with the box around it (right side) is the speed limit that your vehicle's camera picked up off of a sign. There is no analog mode that shows the speed as a needle.

The digital readout in the center is what your current vehicle speed is. The digital speed with the box around it (right side) is the speed limit that your vehicle's camera picked up off of a sign. There is no analog mode that shows the speed as a needle.
What about the slashes shown? isn't that a log scale of the speed?

What about the slashes shown? isn't that a log scale of the speed?
I can't recall seeing that under normal driving (I use CarPlay). I'll try using onboard Navi later today and get back to you to see if I can see those hashes.

Is there a "zoomed in" picture of that? I see a needle in the upper left of the image circled. Aren't those speed slashes that are shown along the bottom?

OHHH. Are those lane slashes? But there never show that many on my display. So you never see that many? Only two at a time. Is that correct?

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood what was being shown. I guess those are all of the POSSIBLE icons displayed by the ADD? Like BSM and so forth?

Lol. Something straight out of KITT

I think I've seen as many as 3 or 4 lanes (assuming the road you're traveling on has that many). And in the lane you're suppose to be in will contain arrow(s) with the direction you're suppose to be going.

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood what was being shown. I guess those are all of the POSSIBLE icons displayed by the ADD? Like BSM and so forth?

The ADD can show a little more than that. For example it can also shows the cruise control speed that has been set, when the lane centering kicks it shows which lane triggered it, when you change the follow distance for the radar cruise control it shows the distance set and when the automatic braking system detect an imminent collision it changes to a big red flashing “BRAKE” symbol. I am sure there are more example.

The ADD can show a little more than that. For example it can also shows the cruise control speed that has been set, when the lane centering kicks it shows which lane triggered it, when you change the follow distance for the radar cruise control it shows the distance set and when the automatic braking system detect an imminent collision it changes to a big red flashing “BRAKE” symbol. I am sure there are more example.
Yeah, the dealer never really described all the displays. They should offer free courses on what these bad babies can do. I haven't even gone over how the Cruise system works yet or the SENSE systems.

Yeah, the dealer never really described all the displays. They should offer free courses on what these bad babies can do. I haven't even gone over how the Cruise system works yet or the SENSE systems.
Interesting. The dealer I go to goes over every feature (if you want it) when they deliver your vehicle. Not that the client will remember anything from it.

Back