Accelleration below 2500RPM?

thrasher

Contributor
:
'02 Protege5
My accelleration below 2500rpm is terrible, is it just me? or is this normal on this engine.

If I idle in 1st gear, approximately 1000rpm, and step on the gas, it accellerates very slowly up to 2500rpm, then finally it will take off.

This is very annoying when I come to a rolling stop and put it in 2nd gear. The car barely accellerates until 2500rpm.

yep thats the P5 for ya our peak TQ comes in around 3k RPM and thats when you feel it kick in but from idle to like 2500RPM it is really sluggish especially if you have it in 2nd gear at that low of an RPM only cure to that is a turbo N/A mods may help a bit but not that much

If you do a search you'll find a thread I made entitled:

Owned by a Freakin Toyota Yaris.

Yup, our cars are slow.

OUCH(boom05)

Donas64 said:

Yup, our cars are slow.

Donas64 said:

Yup, our cars are slow.

Reminds me of the opening scene of 'office space' where the dude gets passed by an old man with a walker. Atleast he's stuck in traffinc, my car just bites.

My only resolve is to wind it up a little before letting out the clutch, which is also known to slip in the cold... like every single morning in the drive-thru for my coffee, you think wheel hop is bad? poor clutch...

If this little car didn't look so damn good I'd sell it in a second.

thrasher said:
Reminds me of the opening scene of 'office space' where the dude gets passed by an old man with a walker. Atleast he's stuck in traffinc, my car just bites.

My only resolve is to wind it up a little before letting out the clutch, which is also known to slip in the cold... like every single morning in the drive-thru for my coffee, you think wheel hop is bad? poor clutch...

If this little car didn't look so damn good I'd sell it in a second.

Thats what makes me hang on to mine. It's cheap, practical, looks sooooo good, and handles really well. But the motor makes me want to pull my HAIR OUT!

Curse you impotent FS-DE!

i get hell from mustang owners all the time about my car being slow. i dont care. i bought the car to get chicks and its workin pretty damn good. and what they dont understand is no matter how fast a mustang is, it still looks like a mustang. im one of 3 protege5s in my area, so everybody is pretty impressed by a slow, stock wagon. if you wanna ruin a mustang site, become a member at mustangsandfastcars.com. theyre all a bunch of assholes.

sorry to be a post *****, but ive also heard of a protege5 beating a turbo supra. supposedly, a video of it is on the net somewhere. does anybody know where?

oh yeah, acceleration below 2500 RPM sucks

AlturredMP5 said:
sorry to be a post *****, but ive also heard of a protege5 beating a turbo supra. supposedly, a video of it is on the net somewhere. does anybody know where?

oh yeah, acceleration below 2500 RPM sucks

Yeah I've seen that protege 5 beat the Supra just a few days ago watching a friend play NFS: Carbon (peep)

Matthew1785 said:
you got owned but a riced out electric car? laughed for a good long hour WOW!!!

yaris is small gas car. not electric. still slow none-the-less.

Donas64 said:
Yeah I've seen that protege 5 beat the Supra just a few days ago watching a friend play NFS: Carbon (peep)

seriously? a protege5 on NFS: Carbon? i think you are lying my good man

So is Carbon better than Most Wanted?

Acceleration under 2500 sucks...but it is a 2.0l 4 banger. My '90 Accord with the 2.2l isn't any better. Of course it is better above 5000 though.

bradicus18 said:
So is Carbon better than Most Wanted?

Acceleration under 2500 sucks...but it is a 2.0l 4 banger. My '90 Accord with the 2.2l isn't any better. Of course it is better above 5000 though.

Only as far as the customization goes. The career mode is really short, then there are 'cards' that you can fillup to unlock more stuff by completing 4 tasks. You can then do anything you want to any car with all your unlocked stuff and go online. No $$ involved. That's where the fun is in Carbon, online. Except my cracked PC version won't go online anymore. :(

Back