"AC switch problems"

protege503

:
mazda Protege5
First off my 03 P5 about a year after i had bought it the AC started to act up. The light on the AC button turned off and on as well as the AC pump but it only does it on setting 2 and 3, The Dealer has no idea till they take a look at it again but going to the dealer all the time can be a pain in the ass!

protege503 said:
First off my 03 P5 about a year after i had bought it the AC started to act up. The light on the AC button turned off and on as well as the AC pump but it only does it on setting 2 and 3, The Dealer has no idea till they take a look at it again but going to the dealer all the time can be a pain in the ass!
i believe this means that the gas has leaked out some how. do you feel that its not as cold as it used to get?

Mazda just replaced the lower half of my engine , and the re charged the ac and they replaced the switch it worked good for 2 min as i was driving away from the mazda dealer. But any how thanks "SenorCorwin" For the info i will take that to them!

+ friction said:
Common, but minor, "problem." imho it doesn't seem to really affect the functioning of the AC.

It actually does affect it. when the light switches off the AC goes off too. Most dealerships will try to tell you it's just the resistor and replace that. But that won't solve the problem. They have to replace the entire heater control unit. I had solution a, and then solution b fixed it. Same thing with a couple of other guys from Toronto.

i just tried to get that problem fixed at my dealership, it might be a common, minor problem, the total bill that i got was major....it was estimated to be a total cost of $460.00, i was like, no way, ill wait, that s*** was way too expensive to fix...the part was itself the (climate control unit) was $330 and labor was the rest...i guess ill just wait to get it fixed...

AC4.jpg

Back