ac problems

forebidenaxe

:
protege5 2002
I can't figure this out. My ac line reads high pressure when the a.c. button isn't on. When I turn it on I read no pressure. I charged it to it was full but when I push the valve to release the coolant ,when the button is pushed none comes out. When the button is off and I push it, it releases the Freon. If anyone could help that would be awesome, summer is about here and I'm going to need it.

Sorry for typos and grammar it's hard to post from this phone.

Last edited:
What kind of gauges are you using? The system will have equal high pressure when the compressor is off. When the compressor runs you should have 28-35 psi on the low side and the high side will depend on ambient temp.

The only good way to charge a system is with a set of manifold gauges. Any other method is pissing in the wind.

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? Is it just not running?

What kind of gauges are you using? The system will have equal high pressure when the compressor is off. When the compressor runs you should have 28-35 psi on the low side and the high side will depend on ambient temp.

The only good way to charge a system is with a set of manifold gauges. Any other method is pissing in the wind.

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? Is it just not running?

I am using a standard pressure gage on the low side. I have no cooks l cold air. The fan next to the rad fan never kicks on either

Back