AC Problem

OutsiderX

:
1997 Mazda Protege LX
Hello. New here to the forums but it seemed to be the only place that was active and I could still get answers so here goes.

Recently I put in a new CD player into my 97 Protege LX so I took the whole center console out, including vent and heater/AC controls. I went to go drive it the next morning and noticed that my vent controls aren't working. No matter what vent I put it on it feels as if its just blowing out of the floor vents and its not very cold even with the compressor running. Seeing how its the middle of the summer and the temps are around 95-100 each day I kinda need these.

Was wondering if anyone has run into a problem like this before and if so how did you fix it?

I don't know if the older models had cables like the 3rd gens but there are actual physical cables that move when you turn the knobs to move the doors under the dash and you may have forgotten to reinstall it or maybe left one of the plugs for the HVAC unplugged.

There are cables, I can see them when underneath steering wheel looking up behind the center console, but I don't have knobs I actually have sliders. The cable still seems to be moving but its like either a gate/door is closed which directs the air.
Now you say I may have unplugged a HVAC plug, is there ones behind the console because when I pulled it out I didn't pull all the way out because there was still a cable attached.

Anymore hints or tips? I've scoured the internet trying to find someone who has had this problem or at least removed the dashboard but no one seems to have any information on this.

I had a similar problem with heat in my 02' after upgrading head unit.....I pulled my entire dash out figuring this out.........just double check all cable linkages and clips, double check all HVAC plugs, and of course fuses ......with mine it was just a simple clip that held a control cable that popped loose

Finally figured it out. There was a level near the top of the dashboard that got stuck somehow and it won't work. I have air blowing from the top vents now but the air isn't nearly as cold as it was, and the air isn't blowing hard at all. Still gotta work out this problem I guess.

Latest posts

Back