a stupid noob question again...

ej1power

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
i need to know how to tell if my injectors are bad. i just swapped in a newer oe t25 turbo and bolted everything back up but it still sputters. i get fuel delivery but my car is running rich and i wanna know if i should opt for new oe ones or just maybe try to disconnect the battery and let the ecu refresh?? idk nothing about fuel settings and whatnot. all i know is it is running rich and always has been since i got the car. any ideas??

by the way, i dont have a boost guage so i can't give you a reading.

running rich = getting enough fuel (more than enough actually)... fuel cut = running lean.... so, I'm confused.

aside from that, injectors are NOT one of the first places I would go. WGA, EGR, plugs, and MAF would be above them on my list of things to check... are you getting a CEL?

got to auto store, buy maf cleaner, remove maf spray with cleaner, re install after dries, turn on car

i dont have any CEL's and it might be my EGR... never tried to clean it or anything. and idk bout my MAF, it looks clean. so what does the EGR do and how does it benefit me to clean it? i gotta be able to logically know why and how something works.... sorry

it recirculates exhaust gasses into the intake... reorder those 3 words, and you get EGR.... by cleaning it you will make that functional world right with the ideal world the ECU is tuned for...

hmm with the whole world stuff i got lost... but i get the gist of it. so i found the how to post of how to clean it and when i get home i will try this. also how can you tell if the motor is going? i hear this slight ticking noise when i am letting off the gass yet still slightly on it. its like when u roll ur R's in spanish.... so idk if its my valves or lifters or if i am about to throw another rod or not.

yup. i already know my tranny or rear one is shot. would that cause it to sputter while spooling tho? i mean it spools fine if i creep but if i give it 50% it goes waaaaaa cru cru waah cru cru cru wahaaaaasssshshshhshsshshshshsh! hahahaha sorry

Back