A New Happy Mazda2 Owner

Hatchy Zoom

:
2012 Mazda2
Just bought a new 2012 1.5L Mazda2 Sport. I've been searching for a car for almost a year, always looking towards used Protege5 and Mazda3 cars. Both turned out to be too expensive upfront. But the Mazda2 fit the bill perfectly. I was disappointed with the Mazda2's performance on my first test drive months ago. But this time the car salesman did some great driving and really showed me what the car was capable of. I was glad there was a passenger grab-handle. What do you know? The Mazda2 *does* have some zoom-zoom after all! I was sold (after sleeping on it & considering the total cost of a new car!) My first Mazda was the family 626 I inherited back in the day. This is my first brand new car, though.

I don't race, so I'm not looking to mod it- at least not right away. Maybe a few years down the line, I'll want some extra zoom-zoom, but for now I'm very happy with what I have. It's an upgrade to my previous rides in every way. Now I'm looking for some small touches to accessorize my 2, though. I used to use seat covers and the like- but I might just keep the car seats and most of the interior the way it is. I might get something to protect the dash from the sun, though. Any suggestions on these or any other accessories are welcome.

In any case, I just wanted to say "Hi" to my all the Mazda enthusiasts here, especially fellow Mazda2 owners. :)

Welcome! My first car was a 626 too! I had an '85 5 door 626 liftback. That car had so many cool oddities... You'll love the 2. Even if you don't plan to mod your car, just for the daily driving fun factor I would suggest that you buy the Corksport Short Ram Intake and the cold air duct. It will set you back about $240, but you'll pick up something around 7 horsepower and you can really feel the difference (A 7% power increase!), and judging from your comments above I think you'd be pretty psyched about the change.

Nice choice!
The 2 is also my first new car, and I haven't been disappointed.
Easy/not engine mods that I did are a short atenna, an arm rest, and Mazda 2 scuff guards.

Welcome to the forum. If you aren't looking to mod your car the only thing I would recommend is an armrest. Makes driving the car much more comfortable.

Congrats and welcome to the forum, you will find we try to be as helpful as we can, dont be afraid to ask any questions on here

The M2 is my first Mazda. I owned several Honda products, but they have gone to the bloatmobile way of doing things. Boringgggggggg.

Love the M2 ! ! !

John

Welcome to the forum! If you love to corner, I highly recommend the Corksport rear torsion bar. It was my first and favorite mod by far.

Armor-all/ UV protectant for the dash should be fine. I'd recommend going with the natural finish/low gloss stuff. Some light aftermarket 15x6.5 wheels will add a nice touch and improve performance a little. Font sells some nice little accessories you might like such as fancy a/c knobs and sportier looking guage insert.

A novelty tune or extra loud horn might be fun to have.

Thank you all for the welcomes and accessory/mod advice! I take it to heart.

My friends know how enamored I was with the Mazda3, so I wasn't quite sure about the Mazda2. But considering that just having a new car seemed out-of-reach for me (I was looking for cheap used cars because I didn't think I would be able to obtain financing) and IT'S A MAZDA, AFTER ALL!!, I am extremely pleased. I don't feel like I'm driving a sloppily-assembled car. I feel like I'm driving an honest-to-goodness quality car with style, aesthetics and a little engine that can zoom-zoom when I want it to.

Back