A little different from a CX-5

:D Consider it a compliment, I'm 10 years older than you. That being said, I suppose this is my midlife crisis car. :D

We never know when our last drive might be... Best to get that mid-life crisis car now! (shrug)

We never know when our last drive might be... Best to get that mid-life crisis car now! (shrug)

I did that at 25 with a new Z06. Agreed! Also, it allows me to "be okay with" a CX-5 right now. Had I not done that, I would be eaten up with frustration.

I did that at 25 with a new Z06. Agreed! Also, it allows me to "be okay with" a CX-5 right now. Had I not done that, I would be eaten up with frustration.

As far as power goes, my appetite is satisfied. I love my m4 and will enjoy it for a long time. Afterwards though, I'm going luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as power goes, my appetite is satisfied. I love my m4 and will enjoy it for a long time. Afterwards though, I'm going luxury.

I personally just got more into shooting than cars, so I shifted my budget and time in that direction.

Imagine if the CX-5 had substantially more horsepower like around 225+HP. It would be a game changer and steal sales from luxury manufacturers.

Imagine if the CX-5 had substantially more horsepower like around 225+HP. It would be a game changer and steal sales from luxury manufacturers.

It would need a lot more than 225bhp. More like 300 at a minimum. That still is nothing like his M4.

I'm going SRT Grand Jeep Cherokee if I end up buying a house on a dirt or gravel road. Viper if I don't. The CX5 remains a toaster.

It would need a lot more than 225bhp. More like 300 at a minimum. That still is nothing like his M4.

I'm going SRT Grand Jeep Cherokee if I end up buying a house on a dirt or gravel road. Viper if I don't. The CX5 remains a toaster.

I'm not sure the CX-5 would need more than 225HP since it's fairly light weight relative to its competitors. Additionally, I don't think the CX-5 has to be super fast, just competitively "fast enough" because it has one thing that the competitors don't have - good handling.
I would be happy if a version of the CX-5 can do 0-60 in < 6 seconds - that would be amazing.

A SRT GJC would be a nice ride, especially if you live in an area with dirt/gravel.

I'm not sure the CX-5 would need more than 225HP since it's fairly light weight relative to its competitors. Additionally, I don't think the CX-5 has to be super fast, just competitively "fast enough" because it has one thing that the competitors don't have - good handling.
I would be happy if a version of the CX-5 can do 0-60 in < 6 seconds - that would be amazing.

A SRT GJC would be a nice ride, especially if you live in an area with dirt/gravel.

I just don't think 225bhp is going to give you sub 6 second 0-60's considering that 7.7ish is the very fastest I've seen from a 184bhp version. Maybe if you pair it with 300-350# of torque it might.

Back