A few opinions on the new ride?

MPSpeedSeraph

:
N/A
So I sold the 7 and recently my sister got into an accident so it has become that much more apparent to me that I need to get a new daily driver. After all the headaches of having to play chauffer I've decided it's time to find a fun new daily driver. I'll be buying used most likely so I've got that decided. The only 2 new vehicles I'm considering is the VW Rabbit and the Honda FitS.

However I'm really leaning toward either an MSP or SRT4. Just not sure which. Each has it's pro's and cons and both can handle daily driver duty while providing fun behind the seat. What do you guys think?

No disrespect intended, but this is an MSP forum so that is sort of a no brainer question. I'd take an MSP over an SRT-4 all day long. Both are nice cars and represent a lot of bang for the buck. Ultimately it comes down to your personal taste and what you can find out there in the used market.

To me the srt-4 is still a neon.....yea it may be a bit faster then the msp stock but it lacks in areas where the msp doesnt. For example the msp has a better suspension by far, also the shift is much shorter and tighter in the msp, interior offers a better look than the neon to. Overall i found the msp to be a much better choice. 1 of my friends owns an srt-4 and i have driven it and that is what led me to the msp.

My brother has a srt4 and it is ok... but his friend has a mazdaspeed protege and I think it is way better.... it handles better, and is actually running at the time.... unlike the neon (blown headgasket and fried pcm)

if you're going for big power, SRT4. If you're going for handling, MSP. You can add some mods to your MSP to make it go faster, but don't expect that much more power. i would say the average would be about 200whp with exhaust, intake, fmic/smic, boost controller and ems.

I understand I'm posting on a mazda board and I'm a mazda enthusiast at heart but at the same time I am an automotive enthusiast and I can give respect to a vehicle regardless of what make/model. Gotta give credit where credit is due and the SRT4 does exactly what it was intended to do. Go fast, have modability, offer decent gas mileage and handle daily driver duty. All in all for the price you can't really knock it.

Now I know the MSP looks better (IMO), handles better (thanks to stock/aftermarket suspension bits) and the interior is much better (this is just obvious) but the MSP seems to fall on it's face due to very little aftermarket support. There are all sorts of goodies for the SRT including suspension bits which could help to give it the handling prowess of the MSP.

All in all I would like to hear everyone's opinions, experiences, and all around first hand knowledge of each car to help me feel that Im truly making the right decision.

And besides if all else fails I'll just go put down a deposit on an MS3 (first)

Back