A clarification in comparison (beater to new car)

Colbert

:
Buick Regal... w000000t
Hey guys, you've prob all seen me around posting about "how i am gonna get a speed w00t w00t" and frankly i still would love one,

but what i am lookin' for is a bit of comparisson to what i am driving now,

for instance

i currently drive a 1992 buick regal (yeah it's a hot car hahaha) and all i hear is how the speed sucks in the rain and especially snow, but when you all say "suck" i want to know what that is compared too, cause if it is like say better then the way my buick handles i'd be more then ready to jump on it, that is what i would like clarification on, how badly does it "suck" in those areas!

Thanks!

I think it's great in the rain.

Snow is great also (with snow tires of course). Everyone who says the MSP sucks in the snow is riding on the stock tires...which are SUMMER tires which should never see snow or even cold temperatures.

I agree.
The 'speed will be 110% more fun to drive than the Buick when the road's dry, too! (spin)

ok that's understandable, but here is my prob, $$$ is a factor, and i don't wanna buy a new car and have to pitch out the $1000 to get a set of snow/cold weather tires right, when somethin new like a ralliart or mazda 3 has the all season tires, that's what's buggin me

also the pricing, they are asking $25k for a 2003.5 with 8000km on it, and this is canadian price btw, and they won't go lower, boggles my mind that they think they can sell it at that price

Well with the ralliart and the 3 you are getting sh*tty tires :). We have uber sticky fun tires. Granted you have to buy new wheels for the winter but your from vancouver right? It rarely snows much there as far as I know. Eventually you'd have to get them... Its inevitable, but I think you could last a while without.

and yes, it is april ^^^

find a good deal on one that allows you the extra money for winter wheels and tires. :)

haha

i'm in florida, it rains a lot here, in fact it doesn't stop raining here. i've never had a problem and i LOVE my mazdaspeed, even in the rain. my only problem is people in florida read way too many magazines, so they think my car is a dog... then i blow their doors off. i would have to definately recommend the mazdaspeed, forget what everyone else says, wait for a rainy/snowy day and test drive one (? can you test drive up north on a snowy day ?).

hmmm, i hear so many mixed reactions, and in vancouver i aint gonna be seeing any snow till like late october at the earliest which is weak,

but see i am more worries about black ice, there is a lot of that around vancouver cause it does get cold, may no snow, but it gets cold,

also i just can't seem to get these bastards down in price for the used car, it's got near 8k on in it and they won't go any less then 25k, i know why though heh, i met the person on the boards here who traded it in, and he got like 23k trade in! they gave him a great deal and they just think they can sell it high to some moron, grrrrr

and the prob is that there are like none available around here, and none available really at that matter i know of, there is one new for 26k and it has 0& financing, which is dope, i wonder if i can bring them down at all...

Colbert said:
ok that's understandable, but here is my prob, $$$ is a factor, and i don't wanna buy a new car and have to pitch out the $1000 to get a set of snow/cold weather tires right, when somethin new like a ralliart or mazda 3 has the all season tires, that's what's buggin me

also the pricing, they are asking $25k for a 2003.5 with 8000km on it, and this is canadian price btw, and they won't go lower, boggles my mind that they think they can sell it at that price
I bought tires and rims from www.tirerack.com which cost me less then $500 shipped. I never got stuck once. Not even starting form a dead stop on a hill with very slippery New England snow.

GET THE MSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see now as much as i'd like to i am really lookin' to spend my $$$ on the right car, and now tell me this, why this car over a mazda 3 at like the similar price??

woh maybe i should start a new thread :p

it really depends on what your looking for. The mazda 3 isn't made for the same purpose I guess. Its more to hall people around... not really to be a performance car in stock trim. The speed is exactly that. A performance car in stock trim. Besides I'm sure you'd be alright... black ice is bad but if you dont drive like a douche bag then you'll be alright.. just gotta be carefull when there is the possibility of ice.

Back