a/c problems?!

cbspeed3

i have a 2004 mazda3,when i turn the ac on it takes a few minutes for the fan to start blowing air,also am hearing debris in vent system,where is air pickup located.

more details please...

Does the sound go away?
Are you referring to just the fan circulating air, or the air actually being cold.

I'd bet the sound is the A/C coolant being pumped through the system. This is normal. When the system is off for a while, the coolant will condense and settle. The noise is the bubbles generated as the system is primed.

I have the automatic climate control system, so I don't know how the basic one works....but the fan takes time to spool up. As for taking time to blow cool air, this is normal. The system has to cool itself off first...

i have a 2004 mazda3,when i turn the ac on it takes a few minutes for the fan to start blowing air,also am hearing debris in vent system,where is air pickup located.

My girlfriends 04 3 is having the same problem. I am trying to locte the issue and fix for it too.

So... I talked to my buddy at the dealership. From what I have explained to him, he thinks it is the blower motor. I need to do further research. But at least it is an update.

I'd bet the sound is the A/C coolant being pumped through the system. This is normal. When the system is off for a while, the coolant will condense and settle. The noise is the bubbles generated as the system is primed.

QUOTE]

if there are bubbles in the system then there are problems

Back