A/C problem

:
2014 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring
A/C not longer works. It does, but here is the strange thing. A/C light comes on in fan position 1, 2, 3, but fan doesn't work. It works in position 1-3 because when driving the circulation coming through the system is cooled by the A/C compressor. Position 4 the fan blows, but the A/C goes off blowing hot air. What gives? Checked fuses, but they are all good.

Any ideas?

Does your fan work in positions 1-3?? cause i had the same problem but my fan wouldnt work in positions 1 through 3 but worked in 4 but without the A/C. Mine ended up being the blower motor resistor which only cost like 40 bucks.

Does your fan work in positions 1-3?? cause i had the same problem but my fan wouldnt work in positions 1 through 3 but worked in 4 but without the A/C. Mine ended up being the blower motor resistor which only cost like 40 bucks.

+1, if the fan is not blowing in speeds 1-3 but it is with speed 4, then your blower motor resistor is shot.

Sounds like you've got a couple of issues going on...

This sounds like it because my fan doesn't work in position 1-3, but the AC light is on, then when you switch to 4, the fan works, but the AC light goes off and blows hot air. Anyone have a part number and the location so I can replace it?

The location is super easy!! Its right behind the glove box. But unfortunatly i dont know the part number.

OK, it's been a while since I replaced this blower motor resistor and it did the trick. Everything worked for a while and note that I don't use my A/C very often, maybe once a month. I prefer fresh air.

Now, the fan will run for a few minutes and then starts to slow down and eventually get to the point where the fan isn't working anymore. It slowly goes down in speed and velocity and eventually after 5 minutes stops blowing. Any ideas? Sounds like the resistor again?

Now, the fan will run for a few minutes and then starts to slow down and eventually get to the point where the fan isn't working anymore. It slowly goes down in speed and velocity and eventually after 5 minutes stops blowing. Any ideas? Sounds like the resistor again?

Blocked air path? That would cause the blower to eventually build up a vacuum, which would make it harder and harder to move. Pull the blower out, set it on a clean floor or bench and hook it up to a 12V battery. If it does the same thing, then obviously the blower is bad. If it keeps running at full speed then try to clear the air path that feeds the blower. Not sure how hard that would be, but some compressed air or a leaf blower aimed back up the intake from where the blower was might clear it.

Back