A/C light / issues

Hi,

Quick question for the people who have had the issue where the A/C light flickers when when you go from position 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 ...

right now the only problem is the flickering of the lights.. will the A/C eventually fail or the blower stop working on postion 2 and 3?

I know there is a TSB out for it but my warranty has expired.. I wonder if mazda will stand behind their product since it is a know issue for the 2002's

any help would be great.

I'd assume your LED's just has a loose solder connection on the board. if you're comfy with it, it'd be a good time to try swapping out your lights for say all blue or whathaveyou. I did mine blue/red instead of green/orange.

My MSP does that occasionally in position 2. You can feel the air get hotter. Its a computer glitch. I'd only worry about it if the air is hot in all positions. I'm over 46K and other than the occasional flicker, its still working.

protegeFive said:
Not sure if it is a loose solder connection..

here is the TSB

http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/tsb/mt000003895.html

My car had this problem. They said that it was the heater control unit (or something to that effect). Mine was doing the flickering thing which eventually led to the air ceasing to be cold until you punched the A/C button 50-thousand times until it came back on. It just got worse over time. On my car, it was also causing my A/C to freeze over on long trips. I'd talk to your dealer about it and see if you can't work something out since there is a TSB.

Back