A/C comes on after shutting car off

I turn the car off and the front defrost blower comes on. If I turn the key to on and off real fast a few times it goes off. Anyone else?????What now?

This is not the first instance I have heard.
Search the posts and you will find how people fix it.
Usually it was caused by improperly installation of accessories.
(i.e. poor grounding) It goes away once the voltage drops down to 0v eventually.

No new accessories added. Ever. Nothing. Just did it out of the blue. Since it started Wednesday, I have figured out that if my headlights are on I can not stop it by turning the key back and forth quickly. As soon as I turn off the headlights, I can make it stop by turning the key forward and back two or three times.

There are two relays under the hood for the Blowers that are failing. These relays are located on the drivers side next to the fuse box, they are the two largest relays in the box. I just paid $14.00 each for them from Mazda and the replacements are blue in color. In other posts on this site you will see additional info including a TSB from Mazda and part #.

There is a technical service bulletin for this. If your car is still under 36k warranty, it is covered free, if not, like kenbuff1 says, replace your blower motor relays, the relays are the problem, and have been redesigned.

Back