99-00 to 01-03 conversion questions

mpdennis

:
1999 protege lx/dx
I'm wondering if the hood and headlights from an 01-03 protege will fit on my 99 lx without serious modifications. Also, do you need to do something like change out the bumper, hood and lights all at the same time in order for them to fit?

Also, would these eyelids fit on my 99?
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

eyelids will not fit 99-00, and the only way to use 01-03 headlights and hood is to convert the whole front end. Which includes; Hood, Headlights, Radiator Support, Fenders, Wheel Well Plastics, Bumper absorber, bumper cover, and grille.

There are some 99-00 eyelids on ebay occassionaly, but are kinda cheap in quality. I made my own a couple years back, they are off my car now since i go through "moods" with my car lol.
Photo074.jpg

Last edited:
i used a spare set of headlights i had and used them as my "mold" made them kinda big at first, and then made them the size and shape i wanted.

no...i just wrapped the c/f over the headlights and laid on the resin and let it setup then removed the eyelids from the headlights, cut them to shape and placed them on the car

Oh ok im on my phone so I couldn't make out the carbon fiber but it sounds easy enough...if you don't mind me asking what did it run you to make them and where did you get the materials from online, local store ..im gonna attempt to make a pair

i had some extra c/f cloth laying around from a project on another friends car. The resin I got on ebay called MaxCLR. It ran me like $30 for like a quart of resin and 1/2 quart of hardener. It was fun and have thought about making another set slighty different in the spring.

cool thanks for the reply, I don't see a whole conversion happening lol. I'll probably just buy a new hood and try to make some eyelids like this next summer when I have some time.

It's wicked dented right behind the grill. So I'll either buy a new one, or bondo it and try to match the paint

I could be if you still had it in a few months, but as of right now I don't really have any money left over after putting about a grand more than I wanted into getting this thing inspectable. Thanks anyways though

well its been sitting on my patio for over a year now i dont think its going anywhere any time soon so itll probably be there in a few months so hit me up when your ready

Back