'97 Protege & Keyless Entry

crowzhome

I have another question, my Protege has power windows and door locks; how can I tell if it use to have a remote to unlock the doors? I would like to purchase a remote and get it programmed but I read that just because you have power locks doesn't mean you can use a remote for it. Anyone know about this?

crowzhome said:
I have another question, my Protege has power windows and door locks; how can I tell if it use to have a remote to unlock the doors? I would like to purchase a remote and get it programmed but I read that just because you have power locks doesn't mean you can use a remote for it. Anyone know about this?

What level is it? DX, LX etc...?

If it does not have a key fob, you can get an alarm or just plain keyless entry for around $100. I put a keyless Viper on my wifes car for around $100 and I installed it... Hope this helps

It says on the front fender. I don't know of any 2nd gens with keyless entry... I'd just say get an alarm with keyless entry. That's what I did on my 94 DX.

call a local mazda dealer and give them the VIN. They might be able to pull up in the vehilces build history if it was orginally equipped with keyless entry system.

Back