92 323 wont start when warm. please help

adjw88

:
Mazda 323
Hi Guys
I'm new to the forum but I really need some advice. Over the last 3 days my 323 has been giving me a lot of greif. When the engine is cold the engine starts fine and runs perfectly. BUT, as soon as I drive it for about 15 minutes, turn it off, and try to start it again, it just won't ignite. I can hear the starter motor turning the engne but won't start the car. Sometimes as I turn the key back to the off position I can hear it ignite for a split second but still doesn't kick over and run. As soon as it cools down again it starts fine.

Any ideas? I have all of tomorrow to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys
I'm new to the forum but I really need some advice. Over the last 3 days my 323 has been giving me a lot of greif. When the engine is cold the engine starts fine and runs perfectly. BUT, as soon as I drive it for about 15 minutes, turn it off, and try to start it again, it just won't ignite. I can hear the starter motor turning the engne but won't start the car. Sometimes as I turn the key back to the off position I can hear it ignite for a split second but still doesn't kick over and run. As soon as it cools down again it starts fine.

Any ideas? I have all of tomorrow to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

check your ignition coil, and the ignition module. when any one of these fail they overheat and cause a no spark condition. the ignition module is a little square with the Mitsubishi simbol thats very close to the ignition coil. also the Mass air flow meter sensor goes bad on these cars so check that out too.

Back