$8600 for a P5, pricey? Good.

Some of you may know I'm selling the P5 in order to purchase a Miata. Well, I'm trying to figure a price. Here's the details. I'm in no rush at all to sell the P5. It has 27,xxx miles, in excellent condition. Its been given Mobil 1 oil changes every 3-5 thousand miles coolant changed. It's been kept under a custom fit Evolution 4 Car cover, so the headlights still shiny, not faded. Basically, I want to sell this car at an expensive price so I get my money's worth, no matter if it takes 3 months to sell. Does 8600 sound about right or could I go even higher?!

Attachments

• IMG_0051_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0051_1_1.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0059_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0059_1_1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0068_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0068_1_1.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0058_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0058_1_1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Where are you located? If there's no rust, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting that. I wouldn't push it past 9k tho.

omgsh, i just want to come and take ur headlights :(
its sooo shiny and new looking.

9k did I just read! That's what I wanted to hear (in my mind)! Thank you!

Wait, you said "wouldn't" nvm =/

i dont think you'll get 9k for it, i get a pretty good condition p5 in sept for 4200, it had 70 thousand miles.....i think 7800-8200 is what it would sell for considering it looks like it just came off the assembly line....can we trade cars?

no way kelly blue book is at 6300 i even put it in as an automatic bc i dont know what urs is and i put in excellent condition so 2300 difference is goin to be hard to do i work part time for a dealer i go to auctions on my days off and i get cars all the time for him and yeah something like this at auction gets 5000 5500.... your car is very nice i mean really nice,,, if i knew your location i would like to see it and give you a offer on it and see where we would stand,,, but 8600 is a lil high for this sorry dont mean to say that but ppl can get msp for that or less

Since the brand new equivalents have a big black grin on them, I'd say a real low miles mint P5 may have a hightened value.

no way kelly blue book is at 6300 i even put it in as an automatic bc i dont know what urs is and i put in excellent condition so 2300 difference is goin to be hard to do i work part time for a dealer i go to auctions on my days off and i get cars all the time for him and yeah something like this at auction gets 5000 5500.... your car is very nice i mean really nice,,, if i knew your location i would like to see it and give you a offer on it and see where we would stand,,, but 8600 is a lil high for this sorry dont mean to say that but ppl can get msp for that or less

Those 5000, 5500, etc. are also auction prices - they're meant for you to price them even higher so you can make money off the sale.

If he's gonna sell privately, yeah 8600 is a bit high, but it's not unreasonable.

Those 5000, 5500, etc. are also auction prices - they're meant for you to price them even higher so you can make money off the sale.

If he's gonna sell privately, yeah 8600 is a bit high, but it's not unreasonable.

I agree. I too go to dealer car auctions and i got my MP5 with 85k and a stick for $4,700 with auction fee. Know the number one rule.. Always start high.. You can never raise the price. But you can always lower it.. His price is high.. But not unreasonable for rare miles like that.. So i say if you can sit on it for a while put it out there.. Then lower the price as time moves on if you have no bites..

JT

no rust...so shiny....drool...

man, i've had my p5 for 5 years now, and I still love these cars. I just wish mine still looked like that!

I paid $9500 for mine in 2004, and it had 38k miles on it. I wish you the best of luck with your sale...but I think you're going to have a hard time selling it at that price.

Good luck getting that much for it. This MSP has been on autotrader for $8200 w/38,000 miles for awhile. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=8500&cardist=731&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Can't really compare the MSP to the P5. They serve two completely different functions (turbo sedan vs. grocery getting wagon). And not to mention the bright orange paint on the MSP may put off buyers and lower its demand. I'm not saying the color is a bad thing, but a bright orange colored vehicle limits the number of potential buyers.

This P5 might be a bit high on price, but with such low miles and in mint condition- I say go for it. There are dealerships around me that are selling 60k+ P5's for close to $10k!

He said he is in no rush to sell it, so he has time on his side. There will be a buyer for that car just hang in. In 2001 I sold AccordEX wagon for 10 Grand CDN. The black book retail was 7800CDN. The Guy I sold it to got 11500CDN for it.

In The spring I am going to be selling My 2001 Subaru Legacy GT wagon like new in a box, no rust, no dings, no scratches, no winter driving and with only 30,000 Miles on it, Because of condition and the low Miles I am going to be asking more than black book. Like Kurtanius21 I am in no rush to sell.Here is a Pic of the Subie.

Pat.

Attachments

• fbc34a17.jpeg
    fbc34a17.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 141
IMO, most people see the P5 as a daily driver, not a weekend driver/garage queen and most people looking to spend that much will want something newer than an '02. If it were a limited edition muscle car with low mileage it would have some value, but an economy car like a P5 will be hard to get someone to pay out the nose for. The only way I can see you getting up to 9k is if you find someone that really wants a mint P5 which is possible, just unlikely.

IMO, most people see the P5 as a daily driver, not a weekend driver/garage queen and most people looking to spend that much will want something newer than an '02. If it were a limited edition muscle car with low mileage it would have some value, but an economy car like a P5 will be hard to get someone to pay out the nose for. The only way I can see you getting up to 9k is if you find someone that really wants a mint P5 which is possible, just unlikely.

But then again, he's said he's not in a hurry to sell it.

If I were the OP, I would say $9k, with other reasonable offers considered, and be done with it.

good luck with the sale, i'll be curious to see what interest you have at that price...like you say your in no rush so time is on your side...in the end though i think a grand less will sell it...(dunno)

Back