75K and going stronger than ever.

A little of both. I noticed a big increase in mid range torque more than anything. It pulls a good bit better top end also.

I've had a few problems..replaced shortblock at 30K due to rod bearing failure from oil starvation, a susequent A/C problem (they f'd up one of the lines) and a bunch of airbag issues. The clutch chatter too....

Mike R said:
A little of both. I noticed a big increase in mid range torque more than anything. It pulls a good bit better top end also.

thats why it has to go.......

2k2silvermp5 said:
Nice, man you sure do drive the s*** out of it. Hope she goes 300k miles for you.

Me too. I've cut down on milage during the second year. Went to a 4 day work week, changed the route and saved about 10K miles. If I was doing the same rate as the first year I'd be over around 82-85K. I put 41,300 in the first year. I was at 73K at the end of the second year. I also just bought a weekend/trip car so the Mazda will get even less milage put on it. That being said-It's getting almost 1200 miles put on it in the next week....(drive) (wow) MD->OH->KY->MD

Mike R said:
Rolled over 75K on the 5 today. The car is 25 months old. It's been running better than ever since I did the VTCS removal, the MPG is up a bit and it's just still so much fun to drive. I'm now averaging 35 MPG. The power is so much better with the intake manifold mod. Going back to the stock wheels that aren't bent and that a shod with 205/50/16 Azenis made the ride and handling much better. The ride is great with the tall tires, and the acceleration is still very good. The handling wasn't compromised either.

(drive) Yay for the 5.

Mine turned 89k today! I am going out of town for the 4th weekend and will be over 90k when I return... It goes in to my Mazda dealer for the belts, timing belt, J-spec cam, and AWR mounts in the morning!

About the VTCS... Can someone send me a link with pics or instructions or something... This needs to be done real soon!

....What a damn reliable car, by the way, I love it!....

blackprote5 said:
Mine turned 89k today! I am going out of town for the 4th weekend and will be over 90k when I return... It goes in to my Mazda dealer for the belts, timing belt, J-spec cam, and AWR mounts in the morning!

About the VTCS... Can someone send me a link with pics or instructions or something... This needs to be done real soon!

....What a damn reliable car, by the way, I love it!....

i'll never tell!!!! (eek2)

http://flatblack.somethingsomething.org/p5/porting/index.html

Damn thats alot miles for just one year of driving. I thought my 02 w/ 45k was alot.

Mike R said:
Me too. I've cut down on milage during the second year. Went to a 4 day work week, changed the route and saved about 10K miles. If I was doing the same rate as the first year I'd be over around 82-85K. I put 41,300 in the first year. I was at 73K at the end of the second year. I also just bought a weekend/trip car so the Mazda will get even less milage put on it. That being said-It's getting almost 1200 miles put on it in the next week....(drive) (wow) MD->OH->KY->MD

That what happens with a friggin 140 mile a day commute and a hundred or two on the weekends. I live 10 minutes from PA and work in DC.

I yhope you make some mad cash for a drive that far away.

Mike R said:
That what happens with a friggin 140 mile a day commute and a hundred or two on the weekends. I live 10 minutes from PA and work in DC.

Back