719prottege build thread

IMAG0106.jpg

like i said its rough... i am going to wetsand it, buff it, clear it. eventually i will paint the sides black, well everything but behind the vent.

What hapened to your door/fender?
High centered it on a dirt road my friend advised me "wasnt that bad". was pushing it back/forth hanging out of the door, i expected to go forward, but it went backwards and the door got caught and did that. i have a new door and fender foor it though.

nice man i love that hood. great trade man
thans man, its the only CF one other than oem that i like.

ordered a new exhaust housing for the turbo... dunno if im gonna bore it and mate it to the gt28r or just throw it on the stocker since the wg flap is messed up and the studs are almost all broken....
on the plus side....
i was looking at my new hood and i found the logo for it. its an "M". didn't mental addiction make reverse cowl cf hoods?

Only company's that i know of that made reverse cowl hoods were Gemini Composites they were the original makers of the hood and then they stopped making them and sold the design to xcelerated concepts.

also before you wet sand you could go out and get some of the meguiars oxidation remover they they use on marine gel coats. Do a quick google search for it on carbon fiber hoods and youll see some people have had it remove their oxidation

thanks man..
glad summer is finally comming around. really starting to realize how much of a car scene there is here. went to a local meet/cruise, lots of nice cars. 520whp ek hatch, of course tons of sti's, srt4s, viper, boosted is300, speed 6, v-dubs. just met a dude with a supercharged bimmer today, gave me a ride to the autoparts store and we worked on my whip. fun times.

^ That hood was made by Gemini, not me. Very easy to tell by the weave and the fact it oxidized (uv damaged the gel coat). Make sure you clear it now and it won't return as quickly.

Last edited:
ran into an old school friend that i forgot has a familly owned paintshop that does show quality work... he also needs help swaping/boosting his ek hatch, which i could probably do with my eyes closed (sorry, i still love hondas). he is gonna help me with body/paint as a trade for my helping him. i think i will be going for a white/carbon fiber look. very similar to dubs protege right before he parted out, when he had the jdp lip and everything. but im keeping my hood, just painting the front and sides of it. oh, and CF trunk.

^ now i just need some time off work and a little cash. dunno about wheels yet. just about anything can go with white. i really want bronze grids in 17x8 +35mm but its hard to find... if anyone finds some lemme know plez
nvm i foudn them

Last edited:
Where you getting an 03.5 lip from? I have a jdp lip....it came to me painted yellow in 4 pieces.....but got a great deal on it. Should look great in white. Gonna paint the engine bay too?

Back