7-seater MPV. Rear Crash Test (by 5th Gear)

Sweetie3.14

:
Mazda5
5th Gear is a British car show like, but not as good as, Top Gear. The 15th season recently started on January 5th. The last segment focused on rear end collisions of small people movers. They used an Opel Zafira with the test dummies in the third row being hit by a small truck at 40 mph. To say the least it was scary and will make me think twice about putting anyone in the third row.

It's worth the look.

Certainly most conventional car seating arrangements would not allow head contact with metal. If they had not used a truck it would not be as dramatic.

Certainly most conventional car seating arrangements would not allow head contact with metal. If they had not used a truck it would not be as dramatic.

I've seen first hand what one of those can do to a Camry as one of my employees went through one. Thank god no one was in the back seat. I almost had a heart attack when I saw a baby seat back there though. Everything in the trunk was pushed through the backseat's seat back and pinned against the backs of the front seats.

Back